Oshkosh Camp Scholler Arrival Time

When does Camp Scholler fill up at Oshkosh?  It is somewhat important that we be as close to the gate as possible this year.  We could arrive either Saturday or Sunday mid-afternoon.  I realize that it would be better on Saturday, but we have another opportunity that makes Sunday afternoon easier.   So, if the camping doesn't really fill up until Sunday, I would prefer to arrive then.

We have camped in Scholler the last 5 years, but have always arrived late Sunday or early Monday.  We note that there is a big difference between camping locations at 7 and 9 pm Sunday, let alone Monday morning.

Any thoughts?

THANKS in advance!

It’s pretty full several days prior to opening day.

I’m always out by 41 most of the time. 

Some times you can find a small camp site near Paul’s woods or the beer tent, but that’s as close as I’ve ever been. 

My 38th year this year!

-Matt

• Like 1

Thankfully not handicapped...expecting.  My wife would prefer her walking to be done in the show, not on the way to it.  She's also a pilot, and comes to Oshkosh even when I can't make it (and takes the kids, too).

Yeah, we have ended up near 41 as well...  The later we arrive, it seems the closer we get to the highway, and sometimes closer to Fond du lac.  I'd really like to avoid that this year.

Just curious how much closer arriving on Saturday would get us compared to arriving on Sunday.

We tent, so small spaces are ok with us...

The buses haven't worked real well for us because we usually have a stroller and a wagon for our other kids.

I'm open to other ideas for getting to and from our tent if it seems that we will be way out there.  I wish we had a golf cart or something similar to bring.  I know they can be rented, but I doubt our budget would allow that.

Thanks!