WANTED: Two M20F Front Seats or Seat Backs

Doing an Airtex interior overhaul of my '68 M20F, and discovered why my front seats are "crinkley" when I sit in them.  Close inspection of both reveals that they are unfixable, or if they are, the cost to fix would be substantially higher than finding existing salvage seats in good or better condition.

So, does anyone have or know of a couple seats or seatbacks that may want to sell them to me?  

Part number for the whole seat is: 140153-503

I don't know the part number for just the upper portion.

Thanks!

IMG_5161.JPG

2 hours ago, hmasing said:

@chrixxer - do you know the salvage yard that has your old M20F, and did it still have the seats in it?

It was an E, don't know if the seats are the same. Last I heard the carcass was being auctioned back in March (it was at the Secure Location in Phoenix last time I saw it - stumbled across it while there to do a wreckage inspection on a Saratoga in a case we handled). It's probably in the WENTWORTH WAREHOUSE NOW 1966 MOONEY M20E look for it on eBay...

Some related ideas...

1) Fix what is there... will have some imperfections, but those will be invisible... get the headrests that fit in the tubes... some Toyota seats are known to make excellent Mooney headrests...

2) Other resources... @Alan Fox @SheryLoewen And @acpartswhse

3) Also look for the back angle adjuster knob... there is an updated set around here... (owner produced part?) 

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

I'm currently looking for some seats for a friend.  eBay has a few for $300-500.  I am positive your shop can repair yours for far less than that, since they just have to be structurally sound and not pretty.  Pretty takes time and extra money.

29 minutes ago, Eight8Victor said:

@hmasing I have a set that came from a 1975 F model in my hangar. I'll be at the airport today and get some pics if you’re interested.

PM’d you with my mobile number. Thanks!