WingX pro7

carusoam

Thanks "a" That was really helpful! You might consider posting the same under the Ipad apps thread. I'd also be interested in knowing if anyone is using both the WingX & Foreflight for a comparison.

Quote: Cris

Thanks "a" That was really helpful! You might consider posting the same under the Ipad apps thread. I'd also be interested in knowing if anyone is using both the WingX & Foreflight for a comparison.

• 1 month later...

WingX folks have put a third video online pointing to a few button changes / additions, waas indicator, note pad etc.

WingX is up to version 6 for IPad.

App store reviews for Synthetic Vision are somewhat cold...crashes, best if used with AHRS device etc. (not quite done yet)

Austin,

People are saying the synthetic vision is causing crashing.

I am not using the SV....

I am not experiencing any crashes.  I have latest update of iOS and v6.0 for wingX.

I had some iPad malfunctions previously that went away by turning it off and then back on again.  I don't usually shut mine down.

What versions are you running?

Best regards,

-a-

EB,

Sort the reviews by most recent.  Review 1 is mine, review 8 is a complaint about SV.  Review 10 is a complaint of crashing because of SV.

Unfortunately I am unable to copy the reviews, or i would share them here.  Both have SV or synthetic vision mentioned in the review title.

Best regards,

-a-

• 3 months later...

For those of you using Wingx Pro7 on your Ipad or for those considering a purchase Hilton software has just made available a similar version for the Iphone as NO ADDITIOAL CHARGE if you have a subscription for your Ipad.  Just download the app to your Iphone. You may or may not have to pay the .99 cent fee to Apple for the free trial but once you have it downloades there will be no additional cost as per Hilton Software.. There is also an option to "sync" your subscription but I could not remember my password. Don't forget to update your CTC Duats credentials & Seattle subscription if you have one as part of WingX Pro7

• 11 months later...