SE Florida storage

Know that your insurance typically pays you to relocate the plane...

True for NJ hurricanes anyway... we ducked out from one hurricane had a nice weekend in Chicago... :)

Gas and a few other expenses were covered.

PP thoughts only,

-a-

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

What do you do about hurricanes?

Leave. My insurance will cover relocating the plane ($500 or so), and I will take it back up here to Alabama.

Where in SE FL? That description can cover a bunch of airports but traffic on the ground can be limiting.

Almost all hangars are on a long waiting list, except for Lynx at FXE, they just took over from Jet World and raised the hangar prices to $850/month, so a bunch of tenants left.  The going rate is anywhere from $650-$750.  You can get tie downs at North Perry for around 90 but may be a waiting list, not as bad or long as hangar though.

No tie downs in Opa Locka unfortunately (unless you want to pay Atlantic or Signature $450 per month!!!!  I couldn't believe it when they quoted me that, and that was after they waited weeks to call me back).  I would check out bobbys landing or hollywood aviation at HWO if you're looking for tie downs (both around 90 if available).  Even at Pompano I have a friend who was forced to pay $250/month for a tie down because he couldn't find one elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Davidv said:

No tie downs in Opa Locka unfortunately (unless you want to pay Atlantic or Signature $450 per month!!!!  I couldn't believe it when they quoted me that, and that was after they waited weeks to call me back).  I would check out bobbys landing or hollywood aviation at HWO if you're looking for tie downs (both around 90 if available).  Even at Pompano I have a friend who was forced to pay $250/month for a tie down because he couldn't find one elsewhere.

Supply and demand at its finest.

On 6/20/2019 at 8:12 PM, chriscalandro said:

What do you do about hurricanes?

My insurance company paid me $600 to move my plane when Irma came thru.  

Im on the SW side of Florida, thankfully our prices are not that high yet.  I’ve been pondering buying a lot at an air park, but don’t want the hassle of moving and building a new house.