JPI fuel flow shows 0.0 at idle, totalizer reads a bit low

FloridaMan

My EDM-900 on my Rocket often shows 0.0 fuel flow until I start taxiing around and then shows 2-3 gallons at idle, which is close to what my M20F shows at idle. The old fuel flow/totalizer in the Rocket did the same thing at idle, but had even greater error in the totalizer. I think the sending units are the same, but my IA used the new JPI one when he did the install. I figure there's an adjustment for K-factor, but I'm also curious if the mounting location could be causing it to not read at startup. 

There was a discussion regarding the same topic yesterday...

it included ways to wash the paddle wheel sensor... and look for air entering the system... not that air is a problem for you.

Also look for the installation guidelines... paddle wheels don’t like to be anywhere near elbows... either in or out...

Best regards,

-a-