Pilotja5

Mooney Roundup around Alabama Area

Recommended Posts

I'm contemplating going.  I have several events this weekend trying to juggle around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

I am grounded for a couple of weeks while my seats are off getting redone. Probably going to be mid-August unless that is when the avionics shop puts me in for some work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm up, weather permitting. It'll be a VFR run . . . .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brandontwalker said:

I am reviving this thread. Is anyone committed to go to JKA this weekend? I am a definite maybe. It really depends on whether my unreliable painters show up on Saturday morning.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, what time are we looking at? Lulu's, or Throwed Rolls, where pilots get advanced to the head of the line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noon-ish or before?

Hope weather is much better than today!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oops, family event on Saturday. Gotta back out here . . .

For the unwary, be advised there are three (3) FBOs at JKA. Be sure to meet at the right one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bride saw the menu, and combined with her love of Gulf Shores, she says we're in. We may fly down the night before. Which FBO is the rally point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My vote is Gulf Air as it's slightly closer to LuLu's for those just flying in that day and willing to walk.  But I'm flexible.

Actually, I believe there are now two FBOs (Gulf Air as mentioned and Salt Air).  Platinum sadly closed. 

William

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you choose to walk from the airport Gulf Air is about 0.6 miles, Salt air is about 0.9 miles.

I've used the crew car from Salt Air before and even made a pass out to the beach for a quick 30 minutes toes in the sand moment after eating.

Weather underground showing 40 to 50% scattered TS for mid day Saturday.  Should be able to dodge the buildups fairly easily.

 

Looks like maybe 3 planes and 6 people give or take a little.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks like I will be at training for the local sheriff's office Saturday morning.  weather permitting I may fly over there for dinner.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

looks like I will be at training for the local sheriff's office Saturday morning.  weather permitting I may fly over there for dinner.

 

Now there's an idea!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rookie said:

How busy is LuLu's on a summer Saturday?

No clue. We’ll make it a little busier. You gonna join us? 

If I’m reading this correctly it’s @WilliamR and me, each with a plus one? It’s ironic that the Alabama Mooney Roundup is two ships coming down from Atlanta.  

@1964-M20E what time do you figure you could make it over?

Amy and I are leaning toward leaving early, and landing at Dauphin Island for an hour or two before hopping back up to JKA for lunch.

We’d stick around to meet the dinner crowd, but the home strip, although lit, is a little treacherous after dark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pasturepilot said:

No clue. We’ll make it a little busier. You gonna join us? 

If I’m reading this correctly it’s @WilliamR and me, each with a plus one? It’s ironic that the Alabama Mooney Roundup is two ships coming down from Atlanta.  

@1964-M20E what time do you figure you could make it over?

Amy and I are leaning toward leaving early, and landing at Dauphin Island for an hour or two before hopping back up to JKA for lunch.

We’d stick around to meet the dinner crowd, but the home strip, although lit, is a little treacherous after dark. 

I'm thinking 5 or 6??  Nice thing is usually any TS activity is really dying off at this time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife says WE have to go the fishing camp! I was hoping to though. It would be nice to meet some of you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rookie said:

How did it go?

@WilliamR, myself, and our better halves had a fine lunch at LuLu’s. Maybe next time we can round up a few more to join! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pasturepilot said:

@WilliamR, myself, and our better halves had a fine lunch at LuLu’s. Maybe next time we can round up a few more to join! 

Sounds good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 11:50 AM, WilliamR said:

Sorry, meant to ask @GTPH.  Perry, you or any of your partners interested in going? 

 

William

Sorry @WilliamR, just saw this.  We were out of town on vacation and I wasn't checking emails very much.  Hope y'all had fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I'm glad some of you were able to get together. I pick up my plane Thursday morning and plan to attend the next meet up. I'm pretty psyched. See below for before and after pics the shop just sent me. 

FYI, we finally have 100LL again (after a 6 month wait due to tank issues and a management change) at KUBS and freshly renovated FBO so feel free to visit! 

FB_IMG_1564501809682.jpg

FB_IMG_1564501814600.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cloudsurfer11-03 said:

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I'm glad some of you were able to get together. I pick up my plane Thursday morning and plan to attend the next meet up. I'm pretty psyched. See below for before and after pics the shop just sent me. 

FYI, we finally have 100LL again (after a 6 month wait due to tank issues and a management change) at KUBS and freshly renovated FBO so feel free to visit! 

FB_IMG_1564501809682.jpg

FB_IMG_1564501814600.jpg

I'd give a kidney for your "before" panel. 

Awesome "after" panel! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.