Mooney Roundup around Alabama Area

Pilotja5

5 hours ago, Brandontwalker said:

I am reviving this thread. Is anyone committed to go to JKA this weekend? I am a definite maybe. It really depends on whether my unreliable painters show up on Saturday morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, what time are we looking at? Lulu's, or Throwed Rolls, where pilots get advanced to the head of the line?

If you choose to walk from the airport Gulf Air is about 0.6 miles, Salt air is about 0.9 miles.

I've used the crew car from Salt Air before and even made a pass out to the beach for a quick 30 minutes toes in the sand moment after eating.

Weather underground showing 40 to 50% scattered TS for mid day Saturday.  Should be able to dodge the buildups fairly easily.

Looks like maybe 3 planes and 6 people give or take a little.

5 hours ago, Rookie said:

How busy is LuLu's on a summer Saturday?

No clue. We’ll make it a little busier. You gonna join us? 

If I’m reading this correctly it’s @WilliamR and me, each with a plus one? It’s ironic that the Alabama Mooney Roundup is two ships coming down from Atlanta.  

@1964-M20E what time do you figure you could make it over?

Amy and I are leaning toward leaving early, and landing at Dauphin Island for an hour or two before hopping back up to JKA for lunch.

We’d stick around to meet the dinner crowd, but the home strip, although lit, is a little treacherous after dark. 

8 hours ago, Pasturepilot said:

No clue. We’ll make it a little busier. You gonna join us? 

If I’m reading this correctly it’s @WilliamR and me, each with a plus one? It’s ironic that the Alabama Mooney Roundup is two ships coming down from Atlanta.  

@1964-M20E what time do you figure you could make it over?

Amy and I are leaning toward leaving early, and landing at Dauphin Island for an hour or two before hopping back up to JKA for lunch.

We’d stick around to meet the dinner crowd, but the home strip, although lit, is a little treacherous after dark. 

I'm thinking 5 or 6??  Nice thing is usually any TS activity is really dying off at this time.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I'm glad some of you were able to get together. I pick up my plane Thursday morning and plan to attend the next meet up. I'm pretty psyched. See below for before and after pics the shop just sent me. 

FYI, we finally have 100LL again (after a 6 month wait due to tank issues and a management change) at KUBS and freshly renovated FBO so feel free to visit! 

FB_IMG_1564501809682.jpg

FB_IMG_1564501814600.jpg

2 hours ago, Cloudsurfer11-03 said:

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. I'm glad some of you were able to get together. I pick up my plane Thursday morning and plan to attend the next meet up. I'm pretty psyched. See below for before and after pics the shop just sent me. 

FYI, we finally have 100LL again (after a 6 month wait due to tank issues and a management change) at KUBS and freshly renovated FBO so feel free to visit! 

FB_IMG_1564501809682.jpg

FB_IMG_1564501814600.jpg

I'd give a kidney for your "before" panel. 

Awesome "after" panel!