Emergency Procedure cards

Daneshgari

In case I misunderstood- the ESP checklist is a passenger briefing for emergencies - if you want a type specific checklist, they have very nice ones in different sizes, http://www.checkmateaviation.com/mooney-m20tn-acclaim.html

I use the type specific one for my plane and the emergencies are on the reverse side.

Interesting request, Perry...

memorized procedures, and flows can come from the POH... but after years, i’m Not sure how good those memories are under pressure... but...

I know a guy that might have an idea for that...

@mike_elliott Question regarding E-procedure check lists for new Long bodies.... ^^^^  (Mike is a CFII known to supply transition training for pilots new to Mooneys...)

Or old long bodies....

Or old NA long bodies...

Let me know if you need my exact serial number for Best accuracy... :)

Asking for a friend...

Best regards,

-a-

It seems like most of us all began with a commercial solution like the Checkmate card since they offered an immediate solution. But its essential to have a very good understanding of your emergency checklist. Just having them at your disposal, or even pulling out the POH in an emergency isn't going to cut if if you haven't spent considerable time really learning to understand what they do and why. For example, the Continental has 2 fuel pumps for entirely different purposes. We really need to understand what they're for.

One of important ways to learn this is going through the POH and creating your own Emergency checklist as Larry @Larrynimmo did - its really the only way to go. Turbo's are far more complicated than the NA engines and thus a Turbo pilot has a much greater responsibility to understand the different failure modes and many more procedures that come into play with a more complicated engine and the additional challenges that come with flying in the flight levels. Make the time to produce your own checklist, from the POH, in a form that you understand them and can put them to immediate use when the time comes. Its also just as critical that we all understand the different failure modes of the equipment avionics that we fly so we know for example what will and won't affect the autopilot. We all owe it to the precious cargo we carry with us at times.

Edited by kortopates
  • Like 2

+1 on the specifics of restarting a turbo engine at altitude with a dead TC or loose hose...

the TN may have an interesting re-start altitude compared to all other TC’d Mooneys.

Compression ratio, low MP, and mixture all conspire to add some level of confusion during a high stress situation...

One MSer had a turbo fail and the restart never occurred. Happy to say the landing at a close airport was welcomed news....

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1