KFC 150 Autopilot Computer and All Servos For Sale

My GFC 500 installation is  complete and the KC 192 and all 3 other servos are available for sale (KS 177 Pitch Servo, KS178 Roll Servo, KS 179, Trim Servo).  For those who are not planning to upgrade,  this is a good opportunity to get these servos and a backup computer for a price not achievable from other avionics sources.  I also have a number of lights for the KC 192 Computer.

KC 192 Computer Part Number is: 065-0042-03 S/N 52484           $2,500

The KS 177 Pitch Servo Part Number is: 065-0050-04 S/N 1968   $1,200

The KS 178 Roll Servo Part Number is: 065-0051-02 S/N 4700     $1,200

The KS 179 Trim Servo Part Number is: 065-0052-14 S/N 3881   $1,200

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wingdude said:

Are you happy with the Gfc500... If you have flown a GFC700 Ovation or Cirrus, does it compare 

I have flown the GFC 700 extensively.  In some regards the GFC 500 is better.  In my opinion the VNAV function is better in that with the GTN you can go VNAV Direct and bypass all other step downs.  I'm not aware of that function on the GFC 700.  Like the GFC 700, the GFC 500 holds altitude to within a foot in ALT mode.  I'm still having a little issue with random oscillations in the pitch mode, though.  It's not bad, and if not fixable, can be lived with.  Vertical mode adjustments  are much easier on the GFC 500 with the wheel.  On the GFC 700 you have to constantly push the UP and Down button to adjust V/S and IAS climbs and descents.  HDG changes on the GFC 700 are better in my opinion.  The plane rolls into a turn and rolls out of it exactly on Heading.  With the GFC 500 it rolls in at a 30° bank, the nose drops and before the pitch servo activates altitude is lost and some G force is felt as the elevator servo brings the nose back level.  Also, the plane rolls out early and takes a few seconds to arrive at the correct heading level.  I think it is a "Gain" issue, but is not changeable per the STC.

Having said all of this, the GFC 500 is an amazing autopilot, so much better than the KFC 150.  Since GPSS is built in, you can intercept courses with it in HDG mode unlike the KFC 150 which cannot in GPSS mode.  Procedure turns and holding patterns are flown as smoothly as turns in a Commercial Airliner.  It is also so much easier to see exactly what is going on with the various ARM modes including their color changes.

In summary, I'm very glad I installed it. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...