GFC 500 and other Avionics Recommended Shop in the West

I want to highly recommend AccurateAero in Minden, Nevada for those interested in quality work on time and flat fee.  Although this was their first GFC 500 Install, Mario managed the job perfectly.   He is well organized and he and his guys are sharp.  I did have the oscillations I discussed in another thread (it didn't occur during out test flight.  Mario flew with me on it), but after returning to the shop on my way back from MooneyMAX, Mario set his guys on it and they tightened the cables, found a static leak and repaired it, matched the G5 altitude with the TXi altitude, and sent me on my way.  AccurateAreo was a little more expensive than a couple of other bids, but I didn't have to wait 6 months to get the job done and they definitely knew what they were doing, so I felt comfortable leaving the plane in their hands.  In fact Mario said this was one of the easier autopilot installs he has done.  They've done many G5 and ADS-B installations among other things. 

It goes without saying that I have no financial interest other than I spent my montey to get the GFC 500 installed.

Minden is located up the Owens Valley and it is located in a beautiful setting.  We stayed overnight at the Carson Valley Inn and had a great time.

Their numbers are:

408-835-4034

775-235-8750

email them at: accurateaero@gmail.com

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, kmyfm20s said:

Always good to hear about a great customer experience. Did they feel like they gave you an appropriate estimate or would future Mooney’s be adjusted with their install experience on your plane? I like Minden:)

I don't know. I think they spent more time than they had estimated.  My bid was a fixed amount.