Twilight Approach Into Van Nuys

MrRodgers

I finally had a chance to shoot a quick video in my Mooney. 

This is one of my first solo trips since finishing my transition training into my 67 M20F.

I love being able to safely fly my plane now.  It is so rewarding to gain proficiency and confidence with these beautiful machines. 

This was a twilight approach into Van Nuys over the San Fernando Valley in the Los Angeles basin. 

You might notice that ATC uses the wrong call sign when apparently asking me to switch runways but all worked out great and they didn't admit their mistake and I didn't know of their request until I watched the video. There was also another Mooney on approach 10 miles out with a very similar call sign.

The runway was clear and I learned something from the experience.  Enjoy riding along with me in my 67 M20F.

• Like 1

Please try uploading the video to a standard platform like YouTube. I can’t get it to play. You can post a private YouTube link on here too if you’re worried about faces, N numbers, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk