2019 Acclaim Ultra down at DVT

9 minutes ago, StevenL757 said:

Hi Mike,

I'm trying to donate, but that e-mail address is not resolving in PayPal for me.  Has it been removed, or is it still valid?

Thanks, Steve

Steve, it should be fine. iwannadonate@mooneysummit.com

Mike

Just now, mike_elliott said:

Steve, it should be fine. iwannadonate@mooneysummit.com

Mike

I had the same issue but retyped the mail in and it worked.  I’ve noticed this bug with PayPal when you copy and paste addresses.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

Ken asked that I post the contributions so far and it has been 1930 less the 22 of paypal vigs. in addition to the funds sent to Jenny previously by the Mooney Summit, Inc.

Again, I wish to personally thank those that gave up a few gallons of 100 LL to help the Brandemuehls. A dynamic list of these kind people is being kept here a few posts up. Those that are on the fence about helping, consider the wonderful karma you acquire and pull the trigger.

zellepay to Iwannadonate@mooneysummit.com (no vig)

paypal to iwannadonate@mooneysummit.com (if selected as gift to family, no vig otherwise paypal takes a cut)

I'm trying to paypal a donation right now but something is stuck.  Could it be some kind of firewall on my work computer?  I don't know.  I will try from my home computer this evening and see if I can not only do it but try and identify what is stuck in case others are getting stuck.

I am devastated to hear of the supreme pain our fellow Mooney pilot is suffering.  

Sincerely,
Erik

4 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

I'm trying to paypal a donation right now but something is stuck.  Could it be some kind of firewall on my work computer?  I don't know.  I will try from my home computer this evening and see if I can not only do it but try and identify what is stuck in case others are getting stuck.

I am devastated to hear of the supreme pain our fellow Mooney pilot is suffering.  

Sincerely,
Erik

Ok, it worked for me this time on my home machine and I found typing in rather than cut and paste into the window.  In any case, donation sent.  We are pulling for you Thomas Hunnicutt!

“It”/conjecture ALWAYS happens.  Can a thread ever be to report on the known and how the individuals are doing?
Answer:  NOPE
I agree that threads in the general section of MS should be factual and focus on people, their family, what we can do as an organization to help and support fellow Mooney drivers.

I recommend we create a Safety page that is designed to post factual info on Mooney mishaps where we collectively learn about the events, analyze the data (NTSB reports, eye witness accounts, etc.) and then recommend procedures and/or techniques going forward to avoid future mishaps.

I think COPA does an admirable job building Cirrus accident ststistics, and discussions led by their safety rep. This is how we collectively track, document and propagate a safer community.

I volunteer to help structure the new page if someone can point me to MS founding mods.

-Ryan

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Mooney Summit has sent Jenny 8125 as of this morning 7/5. Thanks everyone for your kindness

Please keep the donations coming

I want to publicly thank the following people for their generosity so far (in no particular order)

Mooney Pros, Inc.

Dan Bass

Richard Brown

Bob Bellville

Dan Brousseau

Kris Adams

Fred Ogden

Dan Eldridge

Michael Freeman

Carr Burgyone

my wife Alice Elliott

Kevin Paul

Don Kaye

Michael Golden

Anthony Caruso

Joe Allman

Ross Vodoni

David Vingiano

Steven Leary

Walt Burger

Ken McLauchlan

Thomas Folkerts

Erik Bolt

Gerald Corun

Michael Mitchener

Jim Toth

Terrence and Melinda McCall

Urs Wildermuth

Alan Glickson

Eli Mansour

Marcus Kuhn

Peter Kousoulis

Mary Culley

Clarence Beintema

David Lincoln

Dustin Clark

Skip Forster

John Breda

Tony Armour

Simon Cail

Thomas Gade

Alan Millet

Ryan Riley

Hector Perez

Tom Russo

Anonymous

Paul Stoute

John Fallis

Russell Gill

Carson Kupiec

Anonymous #2

Patrick Larreautegui

Jason Brady

Alex Levin

Cliff Biggs

John Liskey

Benjamin Eldridge

Ben Showman

Thomas Gade

And  Non Mooney Owners

Tom Hague of Wings Insurance (my agent for my 2M smooth non owned, and I believe Mark B's agent)

Mark Musser, a C182 owner in Peoria AZ

Matt Waggoner

Ken Reed

Neil Cohen

Vinton Land

Trygve Inda

Bruce Spencer

Laura Pollard

Jan Madsen

• Like 1

@mike_elliott thank you very much for the update and for all that you are doing.  Donation sent.

I am really devastated to hear the medical update. This is a really sad outcome.  I am really touched by our community and how we come together to support each other in times of tragedy.

• Like 2

This is tough to read, really feel for him and what he must have went through.  Also discouraging to hear about an engine failure in a brand new airplane.  Although I'll never be able to afford one, part of the attraction of a new airplane is that it's presumably more reliable.  I guess that's not necessarily the case.  Wish the best for Mark and his family.

3 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

The Mooney Summit has sent Jenny 5017 as of this morning.

Please keep the donations coming

I want to publicly thank the following people for their generosity so far (in no particular order)

Mooney Pros, Inc.

Dan Bass

Richard Brown

Bob Bellville

Dan Brousseau

Kris Adams

Fred Ogden

Dan Eldridge

Michael Freeman

Carr Burgyone

my wife Alice Elliott

Kevin Paul

Don Kaye

Michael Golden

Anthony Caruso

Joe Allman

Ross Vodoni

David Vingiano

Steven Leary

Walt Burger

Ken McLauchlan

Thomas Folkerts

Erik Bolt

Gerald Corun

Michael Mitchener

Jim Toth

Urs Wildermuth

Alan Glickson

Eli Mansour

Marcus Kuhn

Peter Kousoulis

Mary Culley

And  Non Mooney Owners

Tom Hague of Wings Insurance (my agent for my 2M smooth non owned, and I believe Mark B's agent)

Mark Musser, a C182 owner in Peoria AZ

Matt Waggoner

Ken Reed

Neil Cohen

Clarence Beintema (Clarence, do you still have your mite?)

I still have the Mite, but it’s on the slow path to flight.

Clarence

Worked fine for me 1 minute ago.

Worked for me...

Sometimes when we cut to paste we include a leading space or invisible trailing carriage return or new line that corrupts the address.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Donation sent via Paypal.  No problem with Paypal working.  

Mike thanks again for what you do here and thanks for all the support from the Mooney Community.

Mike, please keep us informed.

This is all very sobering and a reminder of how fragile life is as we know it today.

Prayers for all involved.  Mark and Jenny will need continued support.

John  Breda

• Like 1

A few stats..46 people have donated to Mark and Jenny with the average donation being 115, The high has been 250 by a few of you and the low was one person of 10. 7 are non Mooney owners who simply care.

If you have not yet donated to this, please consider. Monday, Mark will undergo surgery on his hands, where it is everyone's hope as much use can be saved as possible. Mark has a love of making pies, and I have a love of eating them, so I look forward to the day I can enjoy one of his creations.

• Like 7

On 6/28/2019 at 8:16 PM, irishpilot said:

I recommend we create a Safety page that is designed to post factual info on Mooney mishaps where we collectively learn about the events, analyze the data (NTSB reports, eye witness accounts, etc.) and then recommend procedures and/or techniques going forward to avoid future mishaps.

I think COPA does an admirable job building Cirrus accident ststistics, and discussions led by their safety rep. This is how we collectively track, document and propagate a safer community.

I volunteer to help structure the new page if someone can point me to MS founding mods.

-Ryan

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Great idea Ryan.  I’d be willing to help too.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, elimansour said:

Great idea Ryan.  I’d be willing to help too.  

The South African aviation forum where I've been since 2007 has a "Academy & Safety" section like this.  It's been invaluable as a source of learning and has functioned well for 15+ years.  I'm reposting the rules here as a guide.   Additionally, this section of their forum requires a login to access and read.  This is important as it keeps news reporters away for example and only allows bona fide forum members to access it.

--

GUIDELINES FOR PARTICIPATION

The Academy and Safety section on AVCOM is intended as a section dedicated to promoting aviation safety and learning. It is from this type of environment that individuals should feel at ease to ask questions and have them answered by the more experienced aviators in our forum community. For this reason, this section will be moderated to a very high compliance standard.

Safety awareness and possible future accident prevention is brought about by discussing accidents as and when they happen and speculation about each specific accident as well as typical scenarios relating to each type of accident is encouraged. AVCOM does not purport that any sort of accident investigation is underway in order to apportion blame on any individual, but rather to discuss all probabilities with a view that the vast readership might learn from the knowledge put across and as a tool, might dissuade other aviators from falling into similar traps, etc…

This section requires login access and therefore any individual who browses or participates in this section does so with the full knowledge of the rules pertaining and have agree to abide by those rules.

In order to keep this section at the desired standard, the following RULES and protocol will rigidly be applied by the Moderators:-

• Speculation about accidents is encouraged – any post that attempts to question or suppress speculation will be deleted. (Oxford dictionary: Speculate - Form a theory or conjecture about a subject without firm evidence.)
  • Names of the deceased in the case of fatal accidents should not be published on AVCOM until their details are reported in at least one main stream media.
  • Accident scene pictures may be posted, but pictures of the accident scene may not contain images of the deceased.
  • Condolences are not allowed in this section. Once it is clear that a fatality has occurred in any accident, the first avcomer who would like to express condolences should start a condolence topic in the GENERAL SECTION. Any condolences posted in the Academy and Safety section will be deleted.
  • Keep to the topic – any posts that stray from the intended topic will be deleted. Discussions that reach the end of their life will be locked at the discretion of the moderators.
  • No personal attacks – It is okay to express your view point no matter how radical it might be. Any post that “plays the man and not the ball” will be moderated and a warning issued to the poster. It is therefore important to ensure that any dialogue refrains from insulting or belittling comments.
  • Read the whole topic before participating – All too often, individuals only read the last page or so and start asking questions or adding information that has already been posted. Please read the entire topic and all pages BEFORE you post your contribution.
  • No idle chatter – Please keep your posts specific and direct in expressing your sentiments. Please do not post comments that might be specific to an individual, but consider that you are addressing the entire AVCOM community.
  • Right to post – All individuals are encouraged to share or express their views. It must be understood that the AVCOM community comprises of professional pilots as well as engineers, businessman, hobbyists and folk from all walks of life. Having the right to post in this section means having the right to express your opinion or ask any question. If you are answering a question then please ensure that your answer is technically correct (as we are attempting to promote safety). If it is just your opinion, then please state that clearly at the beginning of your post and the experienced aviators will correct your assumption/comments in the interests of safety. In the same light, if you are an experienced aviator, please refrain from “throwing your hands in the air” when unqualified comments are made and rather put the effort in to write a concise response that will be everyone’s advantage an in so doing, being a valued contributor to this forum.
  • Humorous comments - Please refrain from humorous comments and “play on words”, etc… in this section.
  • No Trolls allowed – AVCOM encourages this section for meaningful use. Any individual who attempts to post in this section in order to abuse the privilege or deliberately mislead the audience, will be instantly banned at the moderator’s discretion.
  • Remain Objective - Please keep emotion out of posts. It is understandable that in many cases emotions can run high, so if your contribution is emotionally charged, then please refrain from posting until you have had a chance to calm down.
  • 24 Hour Edit Policy - Once you have posted, you have a window of 24 hours to edit your comments or correct your statements. After 24 hours, posts are automatically locked in order to preserve discussion continuity.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:16 PM, irishpilot said:

As a new member (and non-Mooney owner so far), I am surprised this section does not exist. There are safety/crash sections on both AOPA and BeechTalk.

3 hours ago, pwnel said:

The South African aviation forum where I've been since 2007 has a "Academy & Safety" section like this.  It's been invaluable as a source of learning and has functioned well for 15+ years.  I'm reposting the rules here as a guide.   Additionally, this section of their forum requires a login to access and read.  This is important as it keeps news reporters away for example and only allows bona fide forum members to access it.

@pwnel, thanks for the guidelines! This helps a ton. If you wouldn't mind, can you ask the SAAF mods if they are okay with us using their safety guidelines as a template? 

@elimansour, thank you for volunteering. I'll take you up on that offer.

@mike_elliott, thank you for leading the donation effort. As a community it is important to rally to those in need. Donation sent.

There was a time about ten years ago when Cirrus was actually having rather poor safety statistics overall that I read that those Cirrus pilots who were also COPA members enjoyed a safety statistics 4 times better than the over all Cirrus pilot population.  I took that to mean a mix of:

-Those who are thoughtful enough to participate in a safety minded culture like that are more likely in the first place to follow a path of self improvement and also to be more mindful of trying to make good decisions.

-The community itself was a great resource for helpful information to help self educate each other.

I do not know how this plays out today on COPA and certainly through an asserted effort by their community and also by the factory itself, Cirrus safety statistics have improved dramatically from their early days when they were rather poor (despite or even because of the parachute) to quite good and almost best in class today.  

I like to think that we on Mooneyspace are likewise of the same cloth and also doing the same for each other and that each other.

• Like 2