Sign in to follow this  
FlyBoyM20J

Fuel flow/pressure transducer

Just now, FlyBoyM20J said:

Thanks, Skip - I've read about soaking in Hoppes in other threads (e.g., "Hoppes comes in a plastic bottle...so no worries about your plastic impeller"), but I'm not sure which Hoppes product to get at this point. 

Cliff

Hoppes #9

• Thanks 1

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

8 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

Yeah, sorry about all the peanut gallery comments, but sometimes we just don't know when to stop :) 

I really love the comments.  Large and medium Adel clamps and bolts and nuts and everything in the parts catalog to deal with securing SCAT ducts has now been ordered.  Also, smaller Adel clamps to get the JPI wires away from the magneto wires.  Going to need to do something with the Tanis wires, too.  The A&P who installed it didn't follow the manual's instructions about *not* bunching up excess wiring, so I think I'll need to get it trimmed to size and get the crimpers from Tanis and all that. 

1 minute ago, FlyBoyM20J said:

Thanks, Skip - I've read about soaking in Hoppes in other threads (e.g., "Hoppes comes in a plastic bottle...so no worries about your plastic impeller"), but I'm not sure which Hoppes product to get at this point. 

Cliff

Cliff,

Hoppes No. 9 is a gun cleaning solvent. Find it wherever AK-47s are sold. Lycoming recommends it for cleaning fuel injector nozzles. 

Skip

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FlyBoyM20J said:

I really love the comments.  Large and medium Adel clamps and bolts and nuts and everything in the parts catalog to deal with securing SCAT ducts has now been ordered.  Also, smaller Adel clamps to get the JPI wires away from the magneto wires.  Going to need to do something with the Tanis wires, too.  The A&P who installed it didn't follow the manual's instructions about *not* bunching up excess wiring, so I think I'll need to get it trimmed to size and get the crimpers from Tanis and all that. 

I’m clad you’re fixing up these minor things in your engine compartment. I find it really annoying when owners are having to fix things that other maintainers have done so wrong.

Keep up the good work!

Clarence

• Like 2