Bravo- summer heat again- question

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:56 AM, nfonville said:

I run mine like @mike_elliott.  Thursday was 29"/2400/1580TIT at 17.8GPH.  My hottest CHT was number 3 at 382.  The others were in the 350s and 360s.  This was about 150 ROP.

Just curious:

What speeds do you all get at 18gph?

Not all airplanes of the same model with the same engines will fly at identical speeds.  At least that's what I discovered in the late 1980s when there were about 7 different 252s available for rent at a few airports in SoCal.  Each one (and I flew all of them at one point) - and using the same MP/RPM settings in all - flew at different IAS roughly +/-5 kts or so.  The fastest was 252YX (totally loaded - sweet airplane but someone wrecked it years later) and the slowest IIRC was 252A (which lacked built in O2 and only had a single alternator).  Other tail numbers in that pool included 252MC, 252NM, 252YA, 252ZA, and 252Y.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm also running 29"/2400, 1600 TIT in Texas and I have to trail the cowl flaps to keep mid 390s on #2 & #3. I think I have a baffles issue and will get it looked at during the annual in a few weeks. I also confirm the TAS others are getting.

Fly Safe,
Safety Forum Mod