Who has experience with Stec 60-2

I am still refurbishing my 64 M20E.  Been making steady progress and would like to actually start flying it a bit more than the 15 hours last year.  I have upgraded the panel to include an IFD 550 and kept the Stec 60-2 Autopilot with vertical speed and altitude hold.  BUT, it seems to do weird stuff.   I have also installed a GPSS interface so I have a Heading/GPSS toggle switch.  My avionics shop has looked at the Stec and the servos on 3 separate occasions, and I have dropped several thousand dollars with them.  They tell me it is all working within parameters and should be fine.  So, maybe I simply don't know how to operate it.

Looking for someone who has a Stec 60-2 and preferably an Avidyne IFD550 or 540 and could go up with me and see what they think of how it operates.  Someone within a couple hours of northern Indiana (KASW) would be great.

Thanks,

-mark

Hi Bob,

Thanks for reaching out to me.  I didn't expect such a quick response.  My wife and I are packing for an out of state family wedding and I will be out of pocket until next week.  I'll circle back to you then.

Again, thanks for the contact, and hope you have a nice week,

-mark

Mark,

Please feel free to reach out to me and I will also try to get you the assistance you need.  I would need a few more details about what it is doing.  When you say "it seems to do weird stuff," what is it doing.  The more details about the specific issues you are experiencing and the flight conditions and procedures used when experiencing the issues will help us to start in the right direction.  I will be out of the office the rest of this week, but I will have limited access to my email, I will also be at the AOPA Livermore, CA fly-in, next week.  Thank you.

Doug Tellef

Doug.Tellef@genesys-aerosystems.com 

• Like 1

I have a STEC 60-2 with GPSS and I have an 430W.  Its the same output protocol.   What is your AI and DG/HSI set up?  Any changes there?  

I have a M20F and am more than happy to help, or fly with you if I have the time.  I'm based in Eastern PA. 

~Mickey

3 hours ago, Doug Tellef said:

Mark,

Please feel free to reach out to me and I will also try to get you the assistance you need.  I would need a few more details about what it is doing.  When you say "it seems to do weird stuff," what is it doing.  The more details about the specific issues you are experiencing and the flight conditions and procedures used when experiencing the issues will help us to start in the right direction.  I will be out of the office the rest of this week, but I will have limited access to my email, I will also be at the AOPA Livermore, CA fly-in, next week.  Thank you.

Doug Tellef

Doug.Tellef@genesys-aerosystems.com 

3 hours ago, MICKEY said:

I have a STEC 60-2 with GPSS and I have an 430W.  Its the same output protocol.   What is your AI and DG/HSI set up?  Any changes there?  

I have a M20F and am more than happy to help, or fly with you if I have the time.  I'm based in Eastern PA. 

~Mickey

Hi Doug and Mickey,

Thanks for reaching out to me.  I am out of state now and will be until next week for a niece's wedding.  I'll try to get my engineer's hat on and put together some specifics that hopefully make sense to everyone.  I was just reaching out to see if there were some folks on MS that could maybe help me sort through this and I am blown away with the offers to help, both posted and in messages.

Thanks again, and I'll circle back some time next week,

-mark