All American / Don Maxwell Announcement

jgarrison

I wanted to share this with my MooneySpace Friends:

On Friday June 7 at the MooneyMAX conference in Longview, TX, Jimmy Garrison and Don and Paul Maxwell announced the formation of a new aircraft sales company, GMax American Aircraft. The new company will focus on the sale of most models of Mooney aircraft and will have facilities in the San Antonio, TX area and in Longview, TX. Jimmy also announced that David McGee, longtime All American Aircraft team member, will be retiring from aircraft sales after a long career in aviation, including accumulating flight hours exceeding 25,000. David has been part time for over a year now and has made the decision to make it full time retirement with the exception of doing some transition and recurrent training and ferry flight. Contact Jimmy if you would like to employ David to do some quality Mooney instruction in the Texas and surrounding area.
The new company combines Jimmy's nearly 24 years of aircraft marketing and sales experience in Mooneys as the owner of All American with the Maxwell family name, a fixture in the Mooney world that stretches back into the 1960's. Jimmy has sold in excess of 800 Mooney aircraft while at All American. One can only imagine the thousands of Mooneys that Don Maxwell has worked on and flown in his long career and the tens of thousands of hours of free advice he has given Mooney owners over the years. While Don will continue to operate Don Maxwell Aviation and provide support as needed, his son Paul will take the primary reins of GMax's pre-201 sales (Mooney models M20C, E, F, G), leaving Jimmy to focus on the marketing and sales of models ranging from the M20J to the M20TN. In addition to the current 10,000 square feet of hangar space currently occupied by All American, GMax has secured additional hangar space at East Texas Regional Airport just a few hundred yards from the current Maxwell hangar. It is the vision of GMax to continuously house from five to eight pre-201 aircraft at KGGG under Paul's oversight while maintaining and inventory of 15-20 later models under Jimmy's watch.
The launch date of the new entity is July 1, 2019. GMax will publish any phone number or website changes at a later date. In the interim, continue to keep up with Mooney inventory at www.allamericanaircraft.com and direct any questions to Jimmy at the phone numbers and email address published there.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

1) Congrats to the two companies growing stronger together...

2) Congrats to David on taking the next step...

3) Congrats to the next Customer... for getting world renowned sales and maintenance in one group. 

Cheers!

Best regards,

-a-

Don, Jimmy and Paul,

Best of luck in your new venture.  There needs to be a preservation of knowledge to keep the fleet flying.

There also seem to be more and more restorations of the Vintage Mooneys, providing a source of some noteworthy, well equipped aircraft for eventual resale filling in a need for simplicity.

I expect my rebuilt and redesigned F to be an excellent retirement plane and others seem to have the same idea.

Here's to success,

John Breda

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 2:54 PM, smccray said:

So how long before GMax Certified is announced?

*** no inside knowledge- it’s just an obvious next step sales tool.

Maybe...watch for announcements.  :rolleyes:  Of course, I'm out of this venture.  I have enough on my plate and keep trying to retire. LOL  But GMax is off and running.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jan Maxwell said:

Maybe...watch for announcements.  :rolleyes:  Of course, I'm out of this venture.  I have enough on my plate and keep trying to retire. LOL  But GMax is off and running.  

This would be a great idea.  One of the leading Cirrus dealers (I used to own a Cirrus in a past life) is putting out a special edition refurbished Cirrus. http://aircraft.steelaviation.com/aircraft-single.cfm?aircraft=2067  I think it would be really cool to do something similar with some of the older Mooneys - take some of the older airframes with run-out engines / older avionics / worn interiors and replace with the latest and greatest.  

This would be a great idea.  One of the leading Cirrus dealers (I used to own a Cirrus in a past life) is putting out a special edition refurbished Cirrus. http://aircraft.steelaviation.com/aircraft-single.cfm?aircraft=2067  I think it would be really cool to do something similar with some of the older Mooneys - take some of the older airframes with run-out engines / older avionics / worn interiors and replace with the latest and greatest.  
I feel this is getting closer to economically viable. Something like the Dynon Skyview HD system will help enable this whenever it is blessed for Mooneys. Standard panels could be built on a bench and dropped into an airframe easily if everything gets ripped out and replaced. Stripping the interior and panel is easy...and going back together without vacuum lines, wet oil and fuel pressure lines, etc coming thru the firewall simplifies reassembly.

I just hope they can deliver. Garmin options might work as well at twice the price and still make sense.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk