Arctic Air Evaporative cooler, think it'll work?

10 minutes ago, Jerry 5TJ said:

A massive underestimate, Hank.  

you don't have to go turbine to get AC....

most of the sr22 g5's have it. A lot of the G3 I'm sure it was available on the o and a

Edited by peevee

5 hours ago, peevee said:

you don't have to go turbine to get AC....

most of the sr22 g5's have it. A lot of the G3 I'm sure it was available on the o and a

So spending the extra money for me to downgrade to a cirrus g5 from my airplane will be cheaper than just buying an arctic cool box but at least it will come with ac?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aviatoreb said:

So spending the extra money for me to downgrade to a cirrus g5 from my airplane will be cheaper than just buying an arctic cool box but at least it will come with ac?

Plenty of other options with ac. Pick one.

Edited by peevee

8 hours ago, peevee said:

Plenty of other options with ac. Pick one.

Ok plastic gull doors.  Yup.  I think I will need to sell my airplane.  You are right. Cirrus is way better.  I will just stick with this crummy old metal thing until I can afford a vastly superior cirrus.

5 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

Ok plastic gull doors.  Yup.  I think I will need to sell my airplane.  You are right. Cirrus is way better.  I will just stick with this crummy old metal thing until I can afford a vastly superior cirrus.

I bought my [non-turbo] Mooney from someone who was "upgrading" speed / fuel flow / parts cost to a turbo-normalized A36 with auto-lean, factory AC, club seating and a huge double back door [all things that I don't really need]. Then again, he used to travel with two people and two sets of golf clubs in the C model, and sometimes with 4 living, breathing adults.

43 minutes ago, Hank said:

I bought my [non-turbo] Mooney from someone who was "upgrading" speed / fuel flow / parts cost to a turbo-normalized A36 with auto-lean, factory AC, club seating and a huge double back door [all things that I don't really need]. Then again, he used to travel with two people and two sets of golf clubs in the C model, and sometimes with 4 living, breathing adults.

Honestly, I have not met an airplane I didn't like.  They are all awesome.  They all have their strengths and weaknesses, and features.  I was mostly just ribbing the guy for ya know, brand C.  For me, all the airplanes are crazy expensive, but it is not just about optimization.  Its about what feels right and tickles my fancy.  Mooneys do that for me.  If I wanted more seats I would probably be looking at A turbo normalized A36 w tks.  If I had lots more money, I would probably be looking at the turbine bonanza.  If I had lots and lots more money, then turbine PA46, then TBM.  For my tastes C never enters my want list, but I totally get it.  They are airplanes...so what's not to love?  I have flown with folks in them and they are impressive.  I have had my own airplane for about 11 years.  A hangar neighbor has had a C for about the same time, and I think he has had significant expenses as have I.

Mooneys are capable of carrying 4 people, but I think they do it poorly.  Tomorrow my wife and I go to Prince Edwards Island (25th wedding anniversary - Charlottetown - lovely place if you never been!  There are rails to trails bike paths all around the island).  We will go with the two of us, full sized bikes with the rear seats out, and of course luggage.  I will see the evening TAF but I am expecting nice tail winds rewarding flying high.

Airconditioning is a great feature.  I don't have it.  Where I live, the extreme North of the USA, I don't want it.  I have tks which is an awesome feature...and where I live...I want it!  Mooney's can be had with air conditioning, and it costs, money, and useful load and aerodynamics.  But if you are in the south, its invaluable. I NEED air conditioning maybe 3 or 4 times a year, for about 15 min when I am on travel and before climb.  But that is not worth changing planes for it.  SO I am interested in these portable solutions, which I do not have, but I will get at some point.