Air/Oil Separator

gacoon

Looking at removing vacuum system on my 1990 J model.  It has an Airwolf Oil separator that uses the vacuum system to energize the system.  Anyone know of an oil separator that does not use the vacuum system?

21 minutes ago, gacoon said:

Looking at removing vacuum system on my 1990 J model.  It has an Airwolf Oil separator that uses the vacuum system to energize the system.  Anyone know of an oil separator that does not use the vacuum system?

No, but one peanut gallery suggestion would be to remove the air/oil separator as well.  If you keep 6 qts in the sump, oil spray is not terrible, and if you have a problem with one of your cylinders, you'd notice the increase in oil spray, while the air/oil separator could mask such a problem.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, KSMooniac said:

M20 is gone so you can't buy a new one.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

I figured that out - went to web site, phones numbers dont go anywhere and went to a simulated order and system fails.  Too bad, I dont know if there are any other certified separators that do not use vacuum system?

Yeah, that website is some sort of copy or archive or zombie even though the regular site and company went away many years ago.

I don't know of any other option. I just don't fill past 6 quarts in my J. There is an argument to be made against those in that the oil they collect from blowby is nasty...full of combustion byproducts, etc and not what you'd choose to circulate through the engine. FWIW

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk