1961 MOONEY M20B?

The seller website has a little more info on it. From the pics it looks like the fuel tank panels might have been off on both sides. I wonder what the ownership history is and where it has lived...since it was an aviation school project, there are no doubt some good pictures somewhere of the restoration- maybe you can ask for them?

The listing mentioned severe flood damage in 1970~

Edited by PilotCoyote

http://www.barnstormers.com/eg_classified_files/182805/1279661/SPECIFICATION.docx

See if the tail number matches...

When searching Mooneys, it is pretty easy to drop the tail number into google to see what falls out.

When thinking the price sounds good... a list of the avionics is pretty helpful it might have a pair of GTNs or a pair of Narcos...

When Seeing 560hours on the engine... who did the OH, how long and how many hours were from this year and last...

I spent a lot of time reading the ad, and didn’t get much out of it...

Then reading the other page from barnstormers didn’t help build a case.

My first Mooney wasn’t as nice as this one... and the price is nearly the same.

look up what happens to airplanes that go swimming. There is probably a thread around here regarding Mooney submarines...

Salt water is worse than fresh water, a few inches around the tires is better than water above the radios...  look closely at what is for sale...

usually reading the log books is enough to know if this is a good match.  A pre-purchase inspection if you want to go to the next step...

Look at flightAware to see how often it might be flying...

Best regards,

-a-

May be the same one I posted for sale back in August 2017 (see the ad in the planes for sale section).  If so it was located in Logan, Utah at that time.  The work was done by the A&P program at Utah State University and was very well done.  The new pictures look like some new radios may have been installed but hard to see in the photos.