Though you guys might like this video (airborne proposal)

Christmas 2008 I took my girlfriend up for a flight to look at the Christmas lights from the air. The end of the tour was over a friends 10 acres with almost 100 strands of lights laid out to spell out the question. We got married the next year and she's had a soft spot for our airplanes ever since.

1519_37352649436_8541_n.jpg.bcae06738dbd8e52359bb2bb20068352.jpg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

Christmas 2008 I took my girlfriend up for a flight to look at the Christmas lights from the air. The end of the tour was over a friends 10 acres with almost 100 strands of lights laid out to spell out the question. We got married the next year and she's had a soft spot for our airplanes ever since.

Very Cool!!!

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:33 AM, carusoam said:

For next steps... there is a Mooney wedding video around here as well...

And a few pireps on flying the Honeymoon too...

Congrats,

-a-

My wife and I actually considered that before we got married last year.  My partner on the Mooney is a pastor and we talked about having him marry us in the plane while airborne.  Ended up not going the plane route.  Decided it was too complicated deciding who flies and all :).  He still officated our wedding but it was on the ground like everyone else's. 

• Like 2

On 6/3/2019 at 11:07 PM, gsxrpilot said:

Jedi mind-trick...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Austintatious said:

Her name is 20' tall by 100 feet across.

WOW!! That took some serious planning and lots of work! [says a man who has laid out and painted signs with 24" Times New Roman lettering]

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hank said:

WOW!! That took some serious planning and lots of work! [says a man who has laid out and painted signs with 24" Times New Roman lettering]

it sure did... my brother and I spent a whole day gridding off the area and painting... Filling in the blue letters was definitely the most time consuming... Id say 16 man hours went into the project.

• Like 3

On 6/3/2019 at 11:07 PM, gsxrpilot said:

Go Rocket Man, that is STYLE!

• Thanks 1

Congratulations!!

When we were dating, I took my wife on a night flight to see fireworks. There was a high school about a half mile off the end of the runway.  There must have been some students hanging out in the parking lot who decided they should launch their fireworks as a small plane was passing low overhead.  Things got interesting for a min but the view was incredible.