Red bull air race series cancelled

Just read an AOPA article they are cancelling the whole thing after this season and the US round will not take place this year. Totally sucks I wish I drank red bull so I could protest by quitting there products 

• Like 1

That's okay, come out to Reno Stead in September,  multiple classes of aircraft competing wing tip to wingtip, 50 feet AGL, unlimited and jet class nudging 500 mph. There's nothing like it

BTW, if you want your brand associated with 3 time world champions, we have sponsorships available for both Jet class and Sport. Fly fast, Fly Low, Turn Left!!

Edited by Air pirate

Here you go---https://airrace.org/

Yes I with the team,  3x Gold Champion Jet (L-29)

Bronze winner Sport (Lancair Legacy)

We have sponsorships for both still available for Sept, 200,000 on site, NBC coverage etc.

My friend Pete is the pilot for both. I have been out there since 1989,  if you never been, you owe it to yourself to spend a weekend at Stead.

• Like 2

I attended the Reno races many many years ago before I was flying. What is it like to fly in do they close the airport completely or are there times to allow folks to arrive depart by air.  is there any parking for folks wanting to fly in or are you better off flying to Reno and renting a car etc. As cool as it is I have hesitated to attend because like so many things it has become a happening and so crowded with celebrities and corporate types the general admission people are kind of shut out. Back when I went it wasn't a big deal and not the huge crowds like they get now. 

Reno Stead is closed down to any traffic during race week, qualifying happens early in the week, races start on Thursday.  You can fly into Reno/Tahoe, Truckee/Tahoe and Mindon.  I was talking to a guy a few years ago in the Chairmans Club who said he had a difficult time finding a place to park his plane.  I didn't know it, but it was Travolta, he brought his 707 :lol:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Air pirate said:

Reno Stead is closed down to any traffic during race week, qualifying happens early in the week, races start on Thursday.  You can fly into Reno/Tahoe, Truckee/Tahoe and Mindon.  I was talking to a guy a few years ago in the Chairmans Club who said he had a difficult time finding a place to park his plane.  I didn't know it, but it was Travolta, he brought his 707 :lol:

Don’t forget Spanish Springs for the adventurous. I’ve landed the Mooney there twice. Got to love his fuel system!

10 hours ago, Air pirate said:

Here you go---https://airrace.org/

Yes I with the team,  3x Gold Champion Jet (L-29)

Bronze winner Sport (Lancair Legacy)

We have sponsorships for both still available for Sept, 200,000 on site, NBC coverage etc.

My friend Pete is the pilot for both. I have been out there since 1989,  if you never been, you owe it to yourself to spend a weekend at Stead.

Paging @cujet to the white phone. 

• Like 1

+1 for Reno.  I go every year and we get Box seats, B50.  I have been to a lot of air shows and I crew for a private jet team. Watching pylon racing is my favorite, 50ft of the deck and wing tip to wing tip, 400mph for sport, 500mph for unlimited and Jet is 520mph.

It’s the most amazing thing to watch and you can feel the speed.  

It’s a must to get pit passes, you can talk with the pilots and crew.  

Jim

• Like 1

I can see how the RB Air Races would be pretty boring for people in the stands, unless they are just die-hard aviation freaks.  How interesting can it be to watch planes perform the same routine over and over again, after all?  The TV coverage is what made the show, with the "shadow" plane so you could see how they were doing head-to-head and the quick access to times. It's too bad they cancelled the series, but not surprising.  They never had much of a physical audience at the US events, although it seemed to draw well overseas.

• Like 1