Central Texas BBQ Run?

dcrogers11

It's been a while, but at one time the Texas Mooney guys met in the Austin area for some $50 ribs and BBQ.  I was thinking it was Taylor ,Tx last time as they had a courtesy car or two and there was a MS member there as well for transportation.  Lockhart also comes to mind as they have a couple of cars as well.  Any interest in the up coming weeks?

Don

Lockhart has a ton of BBQ options. I suggest it, but I'm based there so also slightly biased.

Other good options are Llano and Stephensville that have BBQ. I don't recall if SEP has a car though. I don't think Taylor has a car, but it's been a while.

Edited by smwash02

3 hours ago, dcrogers11 said:

Hard 8 in Stephenville is a good place.  They may also have a golf cart that runs if you call them.  

Hard 8 in Stephenville got rid of their golf cart.  They will however send someone to the airport to pick you up if you call the restaurant when you arrive.  They are very happy to do that.

If you walk southwest from the ramp past the t hangars, you can walk down the road past the GT Service Center (whatever that is) and there’s a path all the way to the National Guard parking lot—or at least there used to be. It’s an easy walk- and very much needed after lunch!

6/15 doesn’t work for me. Grandma is coming in to watch kids for the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...