Any 150/300XL virtuosos out there?

Always a fan of building and storing routes on a route page, easy enough with the 430W, I realize that is a skill I lack with my elderly 150XL. 

The problem is  in storing “route 0” and finding a list of stored routes, if there are any. I seem to recall stumbling on to such a list, but try as I will I cannot now find it. Been trying it on ground with a gps position, no altitude. What am I missing? (I’m using the manual.)

Back in the day, computer memory was hard to come by... and powerful processors weren’t used...

in some GPSi, the 0 flight plan was the active one...

The other ones 1 - 9 or so were just a place to store other FPLs

You can probably find a way to delete the 0 plan and copy a plan from another location...

This comes from my KLN90B experience... 

lots of knob twisting goes with that.

Best regards,

-a-

Problem solved. Simple solution, of course. On Route page when presented with “Route 0” , etc. simply twisting the small knob starts a scroll through the other 19 potential slots. Duh. I guess I was expecting the “0” needing to be highlighted to indicate it was about to be modified. But no, 0 changes to 1, 2, 3 . . . with no fanfare. What are the odds I’ll remember that next time. Hey! You kids get off my yard . . .

• Like 1

Hard things to remember...

the BK KLN90B GPS has one two-button function...

• BK does a nice job of making their manuals available on line... but...
  • The two-buttons are two black spots in every online manual I have seen... and...
  • Every memory jogger I have for the plane, came in one day to not get lost... so...
  • What were those two buttons for?  Nearest airports
  • When you need that function... who’s got time to read a memory jogger?
  • When things go quiet... the stress level rises... who’s got a strong enough memory to know there is a two-button combination to help out?

Fun memories brought by old technology...  :)

GO MS!

Best regards,

-a-