Garwin Engine Instrument Cluster Lighting

Hi all,

Is there supposed to be in-built lighting for the gauges in the standard Garwin 6-pack engine instrument cluster on a 65C?

My instrument lights have been modified with LED bezels by a previous owner, but the engine instruments have no lighting and the overhead flood lights have been removed.

1 minute ago, Rwsavory said:

There is no internal lighting for the cluster.  I think it was originally lit by post lights.

Mine also has post lights, though I have no idea if it is original.  Definitely no internal lighting though.

Negative cap’n the lights for the instruments of the ‘65 M20C are above your head...  :)

Those tube light things were supposed to do the job...

Adding a few post lights kind of works...  becoming familiar with dimming LEDs helps...

Adding a few post lights is pretty easy. If a regular bulb is left in the circuit... that will help if you leave the original dimmer in place...

Post lights are a nice CB solution compared to lighting instruments any other way...

Use the search function on how to modernize the panel lighting... Alex did a pretty good write up on some of the projects he completed...

Best regards,

-a-