Mooney M20J Crash NJ

GLJA

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Let’s control what we write.

Maybe it is to write clearer, as a world-wide audience can be challenging to be understood by.

Anthony, 

the comparison to guns may be not be directly aviation related per se but the parallel was brought up in the discussion by someone. It is a legitimate topic of the discussion. Guns is a sensitive issue for some and I respect that. But so are airplanes. We can’t be tippy toeing around because someone may become offended! If they don’t wish to join the discussion that's fine but they will not shut it down by trashing others. So it is my sincere hope that you're planning to also direct your advice to those on this thread who seek to trash and shut down voices they disagree with. Those who have demonstrated they are just not able to rise above the nasty name calling and vilifying?   @Tommy and @aviatoreb for example. You haven’t said anything to them but hopefully you’re planning to do so. Unless you are in full agreement with the MO of these individuals. In any case I value your input.

I’m sorry to hear about your BK.

And for those who don’t want to see the direct correlation please see Germanwings flight 9525.

Edited by PTK

3 hours ago, PTK said:

Those who don’t wish to talk about it don’t have to. But they certainly can’t shut down dissenting view points. This is America!:D

You seem to say that if a person asks you not to talk about politics on a forum that has rules that say this is not the place to talk about politics, then therefore the person must simply disagree with your politics.  As it turns out, on this issue I do not have the opposing point of view.  However I asked you respectfully to respect the rules of the forum, and especially in this thread that is primarily about the death of an aviator as not the opportunity to change the topic and talk about one of your other political opinions.  You have not read what I said above if you feel it is simply a matter of disagreeing with your politics which I don't.  This is America, but this is also a community forum with specific rules of engagement.  

Also, these particular threads where someone has died flying hit me hard personally.  I did not know him, but I know the guys at airmods and I have walked around that plane and admired it, so it its a tad bit harder.  Consider please that if someone asks you to respect the rules especially in a solemn thread as this as not the time to whip up a political debate about something else, that no, its not because they just don't agree with your politics.  There are many forums that welcome your political debate.   Yes, I own, but no that shouldn't matter to this request to consider our rules.  

@aviatoreb you are continuing your MO. Fact is someone drew a parallel between guns and aviation. Very perceptive of them. It is not a political debate. It has nothing to do about your politics, my politics or anyone else's politics. What we all believe has no bearing on the fact that the actions of very few affect all of us.  This has everything to do with the challenges we face in ga. 

These things invariably hit some of us harder than others. But I don’t find that very relevant. It would have been much worse if it was an innocent pax dying as well. From all indications this was a goof ball showing off and got bit hard. As I said earlier we need to elevate the discussion beyond the “RIP prayers, etc. etc.” level and try to come up with solutions to our collective challenges.

In any case we don’t agree on everything and I’m perfectly ok with we agree to disagree. 

Edited by PTK

Many eyewitness accounts from different areas of the Jersey shore of him flying 3-5ft over the water along the coast for approximately 30 +\- miles before the point of impact. One witness in the water said she could of reached up and touched the bottom of the plane. There also reports of the same plane doing the same thing days prior to the accident day. This kind of behavior is not conducive to a long life. I think this may have been a one way rental

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Low flying in a fast airplane can be exhilarating but carries with it an even greater risk of accident or death than routine flying.

Many people do things that others feel is dangerous or stupid,  this pilot may have been doing this for kicks and thrills without the intention and of dying.  He may well have taken a bird through the windshield like a recent twin Comanche fatality in Florida.

Its truly sad for all involved, us included.

Clarence

6 hours ago, 201er said:

So do you guys think if in fact he was deliberately flying at 10ft off the water that he had violated any FARs? 91.119, 91.13? Doesn’t seem to apply.

91.119:

(c)Over other than congested areas. An altitude of 500 feet above the surface, except over open water or sparsely populated areas. In those cases, the aircraft may not be operated closer than 500 feet to any person, vessel, vehicle, or structure.

If he was hot-dogging it 50' above the shoreline, he was certainly within 500' of either swimmers or sunbathers.

9 hours ago, PTK said:

Anthony, 

the comparison to guns may be not be directly aviation related per se but the parallel was brought up in the discussion by someone. It is a legitimate topic of the discussion. Guns is a sensitive issue for some and I respect that. But so are airplanes. We can’t be tippy toeing around because someone may become offended! If they don’t wish to join the discussion that's fine but they will not shut it down by trashing others. So it is my sincere hope that you're planning to also direct your advice to those on this thread who seek to trash and shut down voices they disagree with. Those who have demonstrated they are just not able to rise above the nasty name calling and vilifying?   @Tommy and @aviatoreb for example. You haven’t said anything to them but hopefully you’re planning to do so. Unless you are in full agreement with the MO of these individuals. In any case I value your input.

Peter. Set aside the obvious fact that we still don't know the cause of the accident, even if you are right in saying this "dumbass" (quote unquote) is having a reckless joyride, your comparison with gun control advocacy is still not legitimate nor parallel. And gun control is not apolitical just because you say it isn't. 

It's not that we are being "sensitive" to gun issues, it is you that are being insensitive and offensive, by making an cheap irrelevant political point on a thread that talks about the death of a pilot - the cause of which is unknown - and breaking the forum rule all at the same time. 

If you want to cry about gun control, do it somewhere else please. 

Edited by Tommy

14 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

...I did not know him, but I know the guys at airmods and I have walked around that plane and admired it, so it its a tad bit harder...

D4114667-F0CE-4A89-BDE0-37156EAB811C.jpeg