530w + G5 hsi no GS with LPV

I have a G5 HSI and a 540w (with latest software)... When I load an LPV approach everything seems to work except "No GP" is displayed on the right side of the g5.

The lateral guidance seemingly works correctly, but there is no vertical GP.

I have just purchased this aircraft and it may be something I am doing or it could be an issue with the installation...  any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, MICKEY said:

I just saw this.  And I had the exact same issue with the 430W and I changed as per @Jesse Saint.  He was right on the money, and fixed it immediately. Now I owe him a beer.  Great MS work!

Might need to make it a Diet Coke. I’m a teetotaler. :)

You guys and MS are amazing!

My only problem is I used to fly A-N Radio Range stuff and the "old" ILS stuff where you tuned one frequency and both needles came alive and you flew it. :-) :-) None of this pages deep set up stuff :-) :-)  even easier was PAR, they did the work and all you had to do was fly!

Wasn't all this electronic/GPS stuff supposed to lighten the cockpit load? 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 11:51 AM, cliffy said:

You guys and MS are amazing!

My only problem is I used to fly A-N Radio Range stuff and the "old" ILS stuff where you tuned one frequency and both needles came alive and you flew it. :-) :-) None of this pages deep set up stuff :-) :-)  even easier was PAR, they did the work and all you had to do was fly!

Wasn't all this electronic/GPS stuff supposed to lighten the cockpit load? 

Until you’ve flown an efis with an IFR gps and an auto pilot, you may say this. Once you have, I think you will change your mind. Can’t wait to be installing the Dynon SkyView in Mooney’s. 

Does 1500 hrs in B757-200 with an FMC qualify?  Would types in B767, B757, B737, B727, CE500, LRJT, and SFAR MU2 qualify to critique? :-) :-) :-) :-)   How about the FAAs Master Pilot Award?  For me, I've gone from AN Range stuff to FMC Glass panels in my career (as some others here have also).  I'm not alone. 

If you want a really good video, utube "Children of the Magenta Line" and get back to me  :-) :-)

Yes I'm an old curmudgeon pilot!   :-) Hopefully I have enough to pass along so others don't make the same mistakes I and other "old" pilots have made in over 5 decades of flying. 

• Like 2