Call from Washington State Lawyer

I received a call from a law firm based in Washington state (I think), who wanted to take pictures of the inside of my 1981 Mooney 231.  I declined.   I'm just curious if anyone knows the details of why someone would want this?  All I know is its about a crash and presumably a law suite

Odd. You'd think they could go on controller.com and find photos everywhere. I'm guessing it's potentially a measurement thing (pedals deep under dash / fuel selector perhaps)

• Like 1

A couple years ago I got a call from someone, perhaps a lawyer or investigator that wanted to ask me some operational questions about 231s. I believe it was in reference to an incident where an overloaded plane took off from a short strip on a hot day and didn't make it. Also in Washington. I didn't talk to them too much because they couldn't disclose much about what they were doing. Wonder if it was related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a thread for something sounding similar in Philly...

The dog and pony show was to be held on the front lawn outside the courthouse...

Water in the fuel issue... equipment manufacturers are at risk of getting lynched...

Best regards,

-a-

Call them back and tell them for 4k they can take all the pics they want. Sorry anything related to aviation gets a huge markup, did they think this was somehow not aviation related? 

Seriously though there is a budget for this type of evidence gathering, they need it for a case clearly. Get a grand out of them.  

• Like 1