Which body Mooney body length looks best?

rbridges

oh boy I'm getting my popcorn this should be as good as LOPvs ROP:o:D:)

I like the short bodies for a really good 4 seat 2 place airplane and the mid bodies for a real good plane overall.  The long ones seem to long but they are all good.

I just wish Mooney was selling enough Ultras to produce a 2 door mid body (an Ultra J with your option of a 200HP or 300HP out front) but we all know that will not happen.:(

3 hours ago, MBDiagMan said:

The way the question is asked, the answer is nothing more than a matter of taste.  My taste is the later model short bodies with the square windows look the best.

Definitely, no right or wrong answers.  I just wanted to know what the opinions were.  I've often told my wife that my plane looked like the smallest plane on the apron.  The short stance adds to it.  Not being negative though.  I plan to keep my plane for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2019 at 10:22 AM, rbridges said:

Definitely, no right or wrong answers.  I just wanted to know what the opinions were.  I've often told my wife that my plane looked like the smallest plane on the apron.  The short stance adds to it.  Not being negative though.  I plan to keep my plane for a while.

My SLK Benz definitely looks like the shortest car in almost any parking lot.  Short is not a bad thing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MBDiagMan said:

My SLK Benz definitely looks like the shortest car in almost any parking lot.  Short is not a bad thing.

I can always find my car in a crowded parking lot by looking for the gap. The roof, when up, is 46" off the ground.

7 hours ago, Hank said:

I can always find my car in a crowded parking lot by looking for the gap. The roof, when up, is 46" off the ground.

Me too.  To find my car I look for where there appears NOT to be a car.