Ride along/ Time building / Let's just go fly

ChrisV

Posting this thread (or maybe starting a new thread) as a place for MSers to post flights for people like me, who have an empty right seat and just want to go flying.  I will be flying out of Portland, OR area for the next 2 months, with nowhere/ and anywhere to go, just flying for the fun of it.  I hate flying with an empty seat because so many aspiring pilots just need to build flight time.   If someone wants to join me, I would love it.  If Someone wants to "try out" a Mooney, great.  If someone just wants to build hours, great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisV said:

Posting this thread (or maybe starting a new thread) as a place for MSers to post flights for people like me, who have an empty right seat and just want to go flying.  I will be flying out of Portland, OR area for the next 2 months, with nowhere/ and anywhere to go, just flying for the fun of it.  I hate flying with an empty seat because so many aspiring pilots just need to build flight time.   If someone wants to join me, I would love it.  If Someone wants to "try out" a Mooney, great.  If someone just wants to build hours, great.

Chris,

Join the FATPNW (Flights Above The Pacific NorthWest) Facebook page.  Post the availability there and I can almost guarantee you'll get some takers.  Or join Angel Flight West and take your pick of missions.

Since you'll be in the Portland area and looking for places to fly, here are a few in Oregon and Western Washington that have diners on the field: EUG, BDN, SLE, 7S5, AST (food truck for breakfast), CLS (200 yard walk to the golf course), PLU (being renovated but open again soon), TIW, PWT, 0S9, AWO, FHR (limited hours but others a short walk to town), and BVS.

Have fun.

Bob

• Like 2

Since Bob already mentioned diners at the field, I'll give you few air museums you might want to visit:

McMinnville (KMMV),  Hood river (4S2) Tillamook (KTMK), Boeing Field (KBFI), Paine Field with 3 museums (KPAE), Pt. Townsend (0S9) and Concrete 93W5) are just a few I can think off.

Edited by Igor_U

I third the recommendation for Angel Flight West. Angel Flight is a well-run organization that offers pilots outstanding opportunities to combine the hobby we love with the chance to do a good deed for someone who really needs it. I've flown for AngelFlight Soars (Atlanta), AngelFlight Northeast (when I lived in New Haven), and AngelFlight Mid-Atlantic (DC), and now I'm with AngelFlight West. They're different organizations, but they're much more similar than different. You fly as much or as little as you want, and it couldn't be simpler.

Edited by Flash
typo