Installing the GFC 500

I went with the GAD29 for my TXi + G5 install instead of using the (b).  The (b) is only needed for legacy autopilots when the G5 needs to send HDG/GPSS to.  Today, my GAD43e sends that info from the TXi to the KFC 150.  I don't have a second GMU11 just for the G5, either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm getting estimates on a GFC500 installation (and assorted other goodies) on my 201, to replace the old Century IIb.  If anyone has installed a GFC500 in place of an old single axis autopilot with the AP disconnect on the center console like the old Century, what are you using for a trim switch/AP disco?   I am reading the installation manual and it doesn't seem to specify a Garmin part number for the yoke switch.

29 minutes ago, 1001001 said:

I'm getting estimates on a GFC500 installation (and assorted other goodies) on my 201, to replace the old Century IIb.  If anyone has installed a GFC500 in place of an old single axis autopilot with the AP disconnect on the center console like the old Century, what are you using for a trim switch/AP disco?   I am reading the installation manual and it doesn't seem to specify a Garmin part number for the yoke switch.

Well, of course as soon as I posted this, I found right in the installation manual the following:

GS102 TRIM SWITCH

MIL-SPEC TRIM SWITCH
(P/N 340-00235-00 (GARMIN) OR MS27717-27-1 OR MS27719-27-1 (REF))

GARMIN OR CYGNET OR STEC TRIM SWITCH
(P/N 340-00234-00 (GARMIN) OR CA3112-G (CYGNET) OR 03112 (STEC) (REF))

HONEYWELL/BENDIX-KING TRIM SWITCH
(P/N 200-09187-0000 (REF))

GS101 DISCONNECT SWITCH
GARMIN DISCONNECT SWITCH
(P/N 340-00233-00 (GARMIN) (REF))

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...