Pre-purchase recommendations near KLOU?

afward

Looks like the closest MSC is AGL Aviation at KMRN.  I just sent them an email to check availability and cost, but I'd really like to see if anyone has other recommendations.

The plane is a '68 C.

Thanks!

@carusoam thanks.  The plane is in Louisville, KY and AGL Aviation is of course in Morganton, NC.

Edited by afward

2 hours ago, afward said:

Skyvector gives me 242.3nm direct.  Maybe too far for the seller, but worth checking either way.

Any closer recommendations?  Anyone?

Well, Joey Cole of Cole Aviation is located @ KDNN its about 30nm closer.

I know you are looking for a PPI, but I fly my plane from Mississippi to take it to Lynn and Tamara at @AGL Aviation

14 minutes ago, kpaul said:

Well, Joey Cole of Cole Aviation is located @ KDNN its about 30nm closer.

I know you are looking for a PPI, but I fly my plane from Mississippi to take it to Lynn and Tamara at @AGL Aviation

I could be convinced to do so as well from time to time.  Dmax is closest, though, and for routine stuff I have an on-field A&P (now IA) that appears to prefer owner-assisted work.

But first, the PPI...

15 hours ago, carusoam said:

AGL is a really well known resource... and MSer.

how far away is the plane from there?

Getting a seller to move the plane a long distance becomes a challenge if things don’t work out so well...

best regards,

-a-

Heed this... Just did this (as buyer) and it can be challenging.  Even when things DO work out (as in my case)

Edited by Austintatious
  • Like 1