Mixture too lean; misfires; 0.7 GAMI spread

So far:

Corona Engines, $19,295 (overhauled cylinders), $24,395 (factory new cylinders).

Jewell Aviation hasn't gotten back to me yet.

I talked to John at Pacific Continental, but haven't gotten a quote yet.

Allied Engines on the field at Torrance is quoting about $16-18,000, depending on which of my accessories can be reused (fuel servo, mechanical fuel pump new a year ago; mags IRAN'd a year ago; new wiring harness; brand new spark plugs sitting in my hangar waiting to be installed...). Semi-retired ex-Lycoming factory guy, has built a lot of engines, no complaints.

Ly-Con is quoting (tentatively) $28,550 with new cylinders.

None of those numbers include R&R (about $5,000), shipping, taxes (minimized with Allied, as I'll be buying the parts directly from out of state suppliers), etc.

This F isn't my "forever" plane (still want FIKI), but it's my "for the foreseeable future" plane, and I fly a lot (>210 hours since April 2018, including the plane being down for 4 months from July 8 - November 3, 2018). $10,000 is a pretty big spread.

Okay, Ly-Con is quoting $22,500 for a major overhaul, plus $3,650 for factory new cylinders, $1,200 to port flow and balance the cylinders (that was done on the cylinders I have now, and this -A1A is so much smoother than the -A1A that was in 4BE, I think it's worth doing; they'll do just the cylinders for $300/ea, even if they don't do the whole engine build), $190 to strip and paint the cylinders, $678 for their "crankcase o-ring modification" STC, and the "cam replacement would be an additional charge, but there are a few different options there that we can quote at the time of inspection." So, $28,218, not including the cam.

Anyone know about the STC? It still looks like it makes the most sense to piecemeal it with the shop on the field, with Ly-Con ported cylinders. ($10,000+ is $10,000+...)