Maybe I Dodged A Bullet?

Unless I'm misunderstanding your write up I would be concerned another fault may pop up down the road regarding the engine, accessories and hoses if it's only flown 4 hours in the last few years.   You commented it had 4 hours since overhaul and owner didn't fly it for few years due to loss of medical.  In instances such as that, my A&P recommended I tell a broker/dealer, you fly it 25 hours, I'll have a pre-purchase inspection then.  You could say similar to the broker, say $68,000 everything works and they fly it at least 25 hours prior to your pre-buy inspection, or you do the $50,000 or whatever you're comfortable with and will take it tomorrow.  To many sellers, especially with these faults, there is great value to a quick and easy sale v getting asking price but potentially running the pre-buy gauntlet.  :-)

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Putting things together.... from various threads...

Did this plane, at one time, belong to Dennis Ramsey?

Dennis owned a C with a full J’s front end...

If I understood that correctly...

Best regards,

-a-

I wondered that too - but no - this is a '68C.  That plane N921W is a '64C and is owned by someone in Florida presently and is flying regularly on Flightaware.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Greg_D said:

9H9CBpwZTamyBNHNSfReFg.jpg

The most interesting thing that seems off to me is that the panel is sooo nice but not so much around bottom next to the switches yoke cabin heat etc. and 4 hours a few years ago????? btw @Greg_D I hanger in the X hangers next to Texas Flight.  Currently in an F and my old plane was a C.  Maybe see you around the field sometime.

On 5/20/2019 at 11:31 PM, Greg_D said:

Additional info to consider....The airframe has 1700 TT and the engine was put on a couple of years ago and then the owner lost his medical, hence the reason for the sale.  

4 hours in years? RUN...or price in the overhaul you're gonna need in 200 hours. 

Reminds me of a song long ago  "Only Fools Rush In"

"Highly Modified" whether cars, boats, or planes has a unique and very limited market of buyers. In airplanes its a real mine field between a diamond in the rough and a crater. 

I'll take a clean, straight, as factory supplied vehicle any day over a "highly modified" unit especially with "issues". 

$$$$$$  cause lapses in critical thinking. Slow down and smell the roses. JMO

• Like 1