Looking for a ride from Phoenix to San Diego

I went to an event in Ramona CA this weekend and the weather turned to crap. Way worse than forecast. 

Well, I had to leave the plane there and ride back in a truck....

Anybody heading that way in the next week?

I can meet at any Phoenix area airport and can get a ride from any San Diego airport.

Edited by N201MKTurbo

1 hour ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I went to an event in Ramona CA this weekend and the weather turned it crap. Way worse than forecast. 

Well, I had to leave the plane there and ride back in a truck....

Anybody heading that way in the next week?

I can meet at any Phoenix area airport and can get a ride from any San Diego airport.

Check your PMs

5 hours ago, steingar said:

No matter how this turns out you SO did the right thing.  I'd ratherobe driving to pick up the airplane than flying in wx beyond my comfort or skill set.

It wasn't beyond my skill set. The freezing level was 8000. the MEAs were 7700 and 3 737s reported moderate ice and moderate turbulence at 8000 within 10 miles of the airport. There was no way to get out of the valley VFR and the forecasts just kept getting worse as the day went on. 

That being said, I'm not being paid to fly IFR in bumpy icy clouds....

Edited by N201MKTurbo
  • Like 4