High oil pressure

I have a ‘79. M20k 231. Was on a 2 hour flight today and the oil pressure kept rising. Arrived at destination just as it got to the top of the green. Oil and filter and annual and oil analysis done 5 hours ago. No visible sign of an oil blown out anywhere. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you report the oilT that was occurring at the same time.?

What oil were you using...

Typically oil viscosity and pressure drop with increased temp...

If the oilT was kept low for some reason, it may have had an adverse effect on the oilP...

Got any pics or JPI graphs to share?

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

20 minutes ago, Stnelson903 said:

I have a ‘79. M20k 231. Was on a 2 hour flight today and the oil pressure kept rising. Arrived at destination just as it got to the top of the green. Oil and filter and annual and oil analysis done 5 hours ago. No visible sign of an oil blown out anywhere. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would suspect a malfunctioning pressure relief valve. Was it adjusted at annual? If it’s malfunctioning or failing my concern would be that lubrication of the engine may become compromised. This is an airplane grounding issue until solved, imo.

Edited by PTK

On 5/19/2019 at 3:02 PM, PTK said:

I would suspect a malfunctioning pressure relief valve. Was it adjusted at annual? If it’s malfunctioning or failing my concern would be that lubrication of the engine may become compromised. This is an airplane grounding issue until solved, imo.

Lycoming says the only concern with high pressure is creating new leaks but it takes more than red line to do it.

-Robert

The only time my oil pressure runs high in the normal range (sometimes even touching red line) is upon first going to full power for takeoff. This sounds like a very different issue.  Consider posting the downloaded tracings from the engine monitor if you have them.  They will attract more input from the experts.  I struggle to grasp the oil circulation system on my Lycoming and haven't a clue about your turbo Continental.