Miami Area Flight School

Jerrod,

Are you looking for a school, or just an instructor? There are options a TMB, Endeavour at KOPF (Freddie is a good guy, but we have no experience there) and there are several schools at HWO. Further north, FXE and PMP have schools. There are also instructors with planes at FXE and probably others. If we knew which airport(s) were convenient for you we could be a bit more specific.

Debbie

The only good one south of Fort Lauderdale is the Cirrus Training Center at Opa Locka. Other than that one, quality is inconsistent at best. At Hollywood North Perry, and at Tamiami, the schools are geared towards turning out minimum standard pilots for foreign airlines. Those minimum standard pilots then become flight instructors, so it's the blind leading the blind. Misunderstandings are common, since so many foreign students don''t have the required English skills to communicate effectively. I've heard controllers tell them to fly west, and come back when they can explain what they want. Homestead Executive is a little better, although I have had several commercial pilots from there come to me for airline interview prep that needed a lot of remedial work. 

Fort Lauderdale Executive has several places to learn, the planes are better, and you can communicate with other pilots in English. 

Edited by philiplane