No Oil?

On 6/3/2019 at 2:51 PM, Gatlin Gun said:

Can I ask "how low" is pretty low?  

As I went back into my logbook, I've flown less hours than I thought...which is bad for sanity but good relative for this conversation.  Still, it's at the forefront and top on my "watch list".

I can’t quite say for sure. It seems that sometimes I’ve flown at lower altitudes screwing around for 3-4 hours and needed a quart and others after a 5 hour cross country it looks like it hasn’t used any at all. It seems like that there are certain types of flying that are more likely to blow oil out from somewhere than others. 

6 hours ago, FloridaMan said:

I can’t quite say for sure. It seems that sometimes I’ve flown at lower altitudes screwing around for 3-4 hours and needed a quart and others after a 5 hour cross country it looks like it hasn’t used any at all. It seems like that there are certain types of flying that are more likely to blow oil out from somewhere than others. 

And that is better than any Lycoming you’ve operated? I operate between 5-6qts and typically add 2 qts between 50hr oil changes. occasionally only 1 if I cahange a little early.