Getting back in the air

Yetti

Have fun and flame away.   I find it is good to get the skills back up to do a quick triangle of airports.  Have to load up on everything you do as a pilot.   Brenham, LaGrange, Giddings, Brenham. 

Sorry about the song.   I was working on a Footloose (the movie) spoof.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

It was a blast flying with you, virtually, Yetti.

Thanks for sharing the video.

How much flight time did it take for the triangle?

Best regards,

-a-

About 45 minutes of flight.   I stopped in Gidding for a sip of petrol.  I checked out a Navion G that was sitting on the field.    A seemingly cool plane, but slow and not so efficient.

• Like 1

Hey! What happened to the landing at Giddings?? Takeoff, land, takeoff, takeoff? @Yetti?

But the runways are all nice and long, and so many hangars! Pfetty flat, but it's like that here, too. Nice sunset coming on at the end. And I turned the sound off . . . .  :P

9 hours ago, Hank said:

Hey! What happened to the landing at Giddings?? Takeoff, land, takeoff, takeoff? @Yetti?

But the runways are all nice and long, and so many hangars! Pfetty flat, but it's like that here, too. Nice sunset coming on at the end. And I turned the sound off . . . .  :P

it's 15 miles to Giddings.   Turning the camera on got lost in the task saturation.  Which is part of the reason to do the flight.

56 minutes ago, wcb said:

I do Hooks, College Station, Conroe, Hooks.  I need to change that routine and add Brenham and west.

Yep but you get tower time that way.   I learned at uncontrolled.  so I always have to remember the tower game.  I kind of shy away from towered fields when I am rusty.  just because it seems to add a level of stress.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2019 at 6:50 AM, Yetti said:

Yep but you get tower time that way.   I learned at uncontrolled.  so I always have to remember the tower game.  I kind of shy away from towered fields when I am rusty.  just because it seems to add a level of stress.

I think it's interesting how that's different for different people.   Some find the presence of the tower helpful and assuring and others find it adding to the burden.

I'm happy either way but usually feel a bit safer at a towered field.   Listening to the two-way conversations with everybody seems to increase the opportunities for situational awareness, and it's less likely that somebody is going to be sneaking in nordo.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 6:50 AM, Yetti said:

I learned at a towered field. The first time I went to an uncontrolled field I was stepping all over myself trying to make the right calls in the pattern. When I got the Mooney I spent the first two years with a hangar at that very uncontrolled field.

My thought when watching the video was "How many bugs do you clean off the leading edges after that?" Looking at the number that found the windscreen I am guessing it was a lot.