Insurance - XL Catlin?

So it’s annual renewal time for my K-model insurance, and the low bidder is an underwriter by the name of XL Catlin, based in London. I’ve never heard of them but apparently they’re evolving into a GA insurer in addition to the bulk of their business, which was formerly made up of commercial aviation (I’m assuming 121 carriers). I like keeping up with an A320 in the terminal environment but am admittedly a bit uncertain about sharing the same underwriting insurer. 

Has anyone any experience with XL Catlin to share? Any hesitation about insuring with an insurer 6 or 7 hours ahead in this corner of the Mooney world?

XL has offices in the US and has primarily insured pro-flown corporate aircraft, large flight schools, large commercial fleets, and large repair stations. They have some small aviation businesses in there too.

Recently they have been quoting piston general aviation for personal pleasure and business use.

Who is your present carrier and is the price worth moving over? Is the policy better? Do you ever fly non-owned aircraft and does one policy provide more coverage than another for this flying? Finally, Keep in mind you build a positive bank of premium with one insurer, your loss ratio will look better should you ever have a claim (large or small).

• Like 2