Advice needed

So I thought I had my ADSB compliance planned with the install of a GNX375, while at the same time removing the KLN94 and the KT-73. However,  I need the GTN375 to talk to the KI-825 EHSI and the KMD-550 but neither are compatible according to Garmin. I’ve also considered replacing the KI825 with a G5 but then I believe I lose the input to KAP 140 autopilot. Any ideas on either of these issues? Long term plan will be to replace everything with the G3X but I’m not ready to do that yet and I’m trying to waste to the least amount of money possible. All of this is in a 1986 205. 

Thanks 

Luke

C69940E3-982D-4849-9C87-61DE84A90DE6.jpeg

C97301CC-73EF-402B-B9C8-5DEBFE2CB607.jpeg

25 minutes ago, 201Mooniac said:

Replacing the EHSI with a G5 will work fine with the KAP-140.  It's the attitude source that isn't compatible.

That’s great news; My kap 140 only uses the HSI and the Turn coordinator, no input from attitude as best I can tell. It does not have a flight director or an altitude preselect. 

4 minutes ago, 201Mooniac said:

You can see the support in table 5.1 of the G5 installation manual.  You will need a GAD-29B though to connect your G5 to the KAP-140.

Awesome, thanks for that info. Any ideas about the GNX feeding the KMD 550? I’m not as concerned with the KMD, considering the moving map on the GNX and the iPad, just need to plan for removal if it won’t interface. 

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the KMD-550 so I don't know for sure but I found the install manual online and it looks like it will take GPS information over RS-232 or ARINC 429 from a GNS-430 so there is probably a compatible output on the GNX.  Definitely should check with an installer though.

Have No fear...

Few people will be familiar with the KMD550 around Mooneyland...?

http://www.completeavionics.com/assets/kmd850.pdf

Maybe it integrates well with a KSN770?

You would have to be really aware of install requirements and/or benefits, and the upgrade path for these pseudo-orphan devices...

See if you can find one installed in any Mooney somewhere on the planet...

PP thoughts only, not an avionics guy...

Best regards,

-a-