Recommended Posts

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

1 hour ago, kerry said:

....Looks like all the rebates are gone.  I reserved my spot a couple of weeks ago....

That’s good news. It shows another 20,000 GA airplanes are headed for ADS-B Out. 

But only around half of us have ADS-B Out installed as of April 2019, and the installation rates are too low for all to make the deadline: No surprise there.  

ADS-B Installations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, just snuck in. I looked Friday and it said under 1,000 remaining. Spruce has the GTX335 with a package deal but @Aerodonbeat their deal so I ordered it from him and reserved my rebate.

Working with my AP/IA, he's putting in the doubler for the GA35 and I'll do most of the rest of the work myself. GTX335 comes with the harness pre-wired for the GAE12 as well other options, most of which will be saved for future use when I upgrade the audio panel and put in some other instruments. Basically hooking up power and ground, and running the RG400 to the GA35 and transponder antenna. I think the most time consuming will be mounting the tray. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you made it in under the wire Skates!  I had to stay after them, but finally pulled the check out of the mailbox yesterday.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whew...my rebate was approved 5/2/19...waiting for it to show up in the mail now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Time's Up on FAA ADS-B Rebate
 
MARC COOK
 
p1darg8ka5k061nf5fl7n5m4e6.jpg
 

 

If you’ve been waiting to place your reservation for the FAA’s $500 rebate to install ADS-B Out avionics, well … you’ve waited too long. The FAA announced on Monday that it had taken the last of the 20,000 reservations begun in September 2016.

All is not lost, however. According to the FAA, “Some rebates are returned or expire. Each week from now until October 2019, we will make these returned and expired rebates available. Check back here each Wednesday at 1 p.m. ET to see if any rebates have become available. These additional rebates are in short supply and we expect they will go quickly each week.”

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished my 30 minute flight and it passed.  Sent my incentive code and now all I have to do is wait for my check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kerry said:

I just finished my 30 minute flight and it passed.  Sent my incentive code and now all I have to do is wait for my check.

I actually had to show proof of purchase before having my rebate approved.   Did anyone else? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kmac said:

I actually had to show proof of purchase before having my rebate approved.   Did anyone else? 

No, who did you have to show that to?  I think I remember on the rebate website when I did it last year that they asked me to confirm I was a new installation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kmac said:

I actually had to show proof of purchase before having my rebate approved.   Did anyone else? 

I did. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vorlon1 said:

I did. 

Hmm, I wonder if they wanted this on the second go around, they didn't ask for this routinely the first time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

No, who did you have to show that to?  I think I remember on the rebate website when I did it last year that they asked me to confirm I was a new installation.

I did have to confirm it was a new installation then I received the below email. 

 

Please email us the documentation showing that you have installed certified uAvionix skyBeacon. We will not be able to approve your rebate claim without the documentation. Please send us a jpeg file if possible and make sure it does not exceed 5 mb.

 

We will need evidence of new ADS-B avionics installation with following methods:

1.Clearly visible bill of sale indicating the owner’s name, equipment and part number, serial number and date of purchase or uAvionix packing slip or

 

2. A copy of the FAA Form 337 that includes the above information.

Documentation should be submitted to ADSBRebateHelp@faa.gov.

 

It wasn't an issue since I had proof of purchase but it was just another hoop that I wasn't expecting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kmac said:

I actually had to show proof of purchase before having my rebate approved.   Did anyone else? 

I didn’t have to show proof of purchase, but I believe I know why.  I made the reservation and got the code.  The avionics shop then did the installation and registered it with the the FAA.  I believe that served as my proof of purchase.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kmac said:

I did have to confirm it was a new installation then I received the below email. 

 

Please email us the documentation showing that you have installed certified uAvionix skyBeacon. We will not be able to approve your rebate claim without the documentation. Please send us a jpeg file if possible and make sure it does not exceed 5 mb.

 

We will need evidence of new ADS-B avionics installation with following methods:

1.Clearly visible bill of sale indicating the owner’s name, equipment and part number, serial number and date of purchase or uAvionix packing slip or

 

2. A copy of the FAA Form 337 that includes the above information.

Documentation should be submitted to ADSBRebateHelp@faa.gov.

 

It wasn't an issue since I had proof of purchase but it was just another hoop that I wasn't expecting. 

Same thing for me. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<sour grapes> I hate you guys.  I did it last year with $0.00 rebate.  There goes the Gobment, picking winners and losers again.  </sour grapes>

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 6:13 PM, Kmac said:

I actually had to show proof of purchase before having my rebate approved.   Did anyone else? 

Nope. There were no questions asked, completed the reservation, installation, validation flight and then got the rebate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that had to show proof of purchase.... Was it a SkyBeacon? With such an easy install it would be possible to install it on several aircraft and rack up the rebates

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RLCarter said:

For those that had to show proof of purchase.... Was it a SkyBeacon? With such an easy install it would be possible to install it on several aircraft and rack up the rebates

I suppose that is possible for an owner with multiple aircraft.  I was the one applying for the rebate and have only one aircraft registered in my name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RLCarter said:

For those that had to show proof of purchase.... Was it a SkyBeacon? 

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally know 2 people that had to show proof of purchase on SkyBeacons for their rebates. It would be really easy for someone to "loan" their SkyBeacon to buddy that missed out on the rebate either on the 1st round or in between rebates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2019 at 5:13 PM, Kmac said:

I actually had to show proof of purchase before having my rebate approved.   Did anyone else? 

I had to for my skybeacon.  I forwarded them the order acknowledgement email I got from Chief and they accepted it (even though it didn't have everything on it that they requested).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hector said:

Just got my rebate. Less than 10 days after I claimed it.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was approved 5/2 and the check came yesterday (5/18).  Not too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.