Two Year Hiatus

Stetson20

Hi all,

Back from the real world. It's been two years since I bought & sold my first Mooney. I see @Guitarmaster (Matt) has moved on to a twin- congrats, Matt!

So back in 2017, I basically lost my a$$ on a small business back in Michigan. I had purchased a M20E and was happily flying it (when weather cooperated) between home and MDW. Thanks again to Matt for all the help, tips and friendship. We sold the business at a great loss, licked our wounds, and moved to Las Vegas- or rather, more accurately, Pahrump, Nevada; about an hour west of Las Vegas. And guess what? They have a private airpark called Calvada Meadows. So, the other day, I took a drive by. One thing led to another, and here I am back on Mooney Space.

I've gotten the flying bug again. Yes, I fly professionally but really didn't have a reason to own my M20E once I departed central MI. This time, I'm taking my time to look for just the right plane, under the right circumstances, because I don't want to end up giving it away like the first one. Along the way, I'll have to buy (no possibility of renting hangar space out here) a hangar lot, put up a hangar, and look around for a good mechanic- all the things I had (via rental hangar) back in Michigan.

Good to see familiar posts by familiar folks here at MS and I hope to soon be (again) a proud Mooniac.

Stetson20 (Roy)

Edited by Stetson20
tagged @guitarmaster
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, Stetson20 said:

Hi all,

Back from the real world. It's been two years since I bought & sold my first Mooney.

Good to see familiar posts by familiar folks here at MS and I hope to soon be (again) a proud Mooniac.

Stetson20 (Roy)

Yep, still lots of the same old same old

Carusoam still hogging all the bandwidth, Marauder still delighting us with pics of his girlfriends....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Stetson20 said:

So back in 2017, I basically lost my a$$ on a small business back in Michigan. I had purchased a M20E and was happily flying it (when weather cooperated) between home and MDW. Thanks again to Matt for all the help, tips and friendship. We sold the business at a great loss, licked our wounds, and moved to Las Vegas- or rather, more accurately, Pahrump, Nevada; about an hour west of Las Vegas. And guess what? They have a private airpark called Calvada Meadows. So, the other day, I took a drive by. One thing led to another, and here I am back on Mooney Space.

Welcome back. The economy of the short body Mooneys can even tolerate a bad business decision...hope you get back into it soon!

• Like 1

Welcome back Roy! 

Hope you find the bird you want! I am also a local Las Vegas Mooniac! (Henderson specifically) I live 5 minutes from HND. 

While not a current Mooney owner (sold my E 2 years ago to save and upgrade) I am flying a Cherokee 6 at the moment. But I am actively searching for my next M20. 

If you need help getting around to see mooney’s I’d be happy to do that, schedule permitting. 

Mike

• Like 1