M20C Fltplan.com Performance Profiles

Hello again,

For those of you using Fltplan.com or FltplanGo, would you care to share your username and tail number?

I'm seeking different profiles to find something accurate for my friend's new airplane.

If you have a profile, please also indicate any specifics regarding how you use it, ie: assumed taxi time, airspeed used in climb, cruise mixture strategy, and descent airspeeds/power settings.

Thank you in advance to any and all who are willing to share your their numbers.

-JN

Using someone else's performance profile is no different than using the generic profile that is already there. Your friend needs to use real world numbers for their aircraft to be accurate 

• Like 1

I used the generic F profile and then gradually changed it for what I was seeing in my own plane and how I fly it.  I'm usually within 5 minutes and a gallon of fuel of what it shows on a long flight or a series of shorter flights.  

The generic profile was really close if I flew the way it was set up.  It assumed rich of peak and reduced throttle for descent at cruise airspeed.  I cruise lean of peak and maintain cruise power during the descent for extra speed.  Your mileage may vary, but I'd start with whatever the default profile is for a C model and make adjustments from there.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RLCarter said:

Using someone else's performance profile is no different than using the generic profile that is already there. Your friend needs to use real world numbers for their aircraft to be accurate 

Unfortunately, the generic profile that I see in the drop-down menu is for a 200HP M20E.  I was hoping to fly a few legs and compare the estimates from other profiles to the resultant true air speeds, times, and burns that occur during real flights.  I thought it would be easier to begin "tightening" the profile if I started from a C model rather than the available E model data.

17 hours ago, skydvrboy said:

I used the generic F profile and then gradually changed it for what I was seeing in my own plane and how I fly it.  I'm usually within 5 minutes and a gallon of fuel of what it shows on a long flight or a series of shorter flights.  

The generic profile was really close if I flew the way it was set up.  It assumed rich of peak and reduced throttle for descent at cruise airspeed.  I cruise lean of peak and maintain cruise power during the descent for extra speed.  Your mileage may vary, but I'd start with whatever the default profile is for a C model and make adjustments from there.

Thank you for sharing your experience.  That may be the best I can do for now, although there doesn't seem to be a C model default profile online.  If there was, I would probably have been satisfied to start with that.