is a mooney faster than a grumman?

eman1200

On 5/11/2019 at 6:38 AM, mike_elliott said:

Are you a Grumman service center also, Clarence? I think the glue repairs are clouding your reasoning some. :)

I think he ate too many pickles dipped in whiskey! Just saw the original video on the “Just Plane Silly” YouTube channel. What a genius way to write off all of your flights as business expenses!

12 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

Where?  I suppose if you count the ones in Iran, but I suspect there are probably less than a dozen in flying condition

Yep that’s them.  You think only a dozen?  Could be...I’m not sure.  They had how many initially, like 80?  They did a fairly recent “modernization” of them, but they’re probably having to cannibalize lots of part so yeah probably less than 60.  We scrapped ours , with few to museums, I think specifically so Iran couldn’t get parts for theirs.  

No thinking involved...
Web search of my favorite ground support aircraft.... built by Grumman...
http://www.northropgrumman.com/Capabilities/A10ThunderboltII/Pages/default.aspx
It is lovingly known as the warthog...
They also made some pretty rugged canoes...
Best regards,
-a-

The Ironworks has a long and well-deserved reputation, but the A10 is on their website by acquisition, they didn’t birth it. Let’s not forget to credit Fairchild Republic. The A10’s lineage includes the P47 and F105, both also pretty effective single-seat ground support aircraft.

Of course if trends continue it’ll all be down to one company eventually

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jrwilson said:

Yep that’s them.  You think only a dozen?  Could be...I’m not sure.  They had how many initially, like 80?  They did a fairly recent “modernization” of them, but they’re probably having to cannibalize lots of part so yeah probably less than 60.  We scrapped ours , with few to museums, I think specifically so Iran couldn’t get parts for theirs.  

Based on their blatantly false attempts to convince the world they have built a working F-313 stealth fighter, yes, I suspect they have far fewer flying F-14's than they claim to have.

4 minutes ago, jaylw314 said:

Based on their blatantly false attempts to convince the world they have built a working F-313 stealth fighter, yes, I suspect they have far fewer flying F-14's than they claim to have.

On 5/10/2019 at 5:40 PM, jaylw314 said:

Technically, all F-14's now have a top speed of zero :(

But I guess that’s still more than zero...