radio question

Folks, I installed a 2nd radio in my old m20a,   it's a king ky97a     I have no manuals with it, searched internet and bendix king web site , no luck,

I am unable to get channel   122.775  I can get only  122.77,   I tried to pull the little knob out but cannot get the '5'  is this radio too  old,  

also   how do I adjust the squelch.     thanks for ány' answers.  Mike.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:10 PM, autoalain said:

I am unable to get channel   122.775  I can get only  122.77,   I tried to pull the little knob out but cannot get the '5'  is this radio too  old,  

Mike,

122.77 is actually 122.775. King saved the money selecting display with one less character hence third decimal (5) not shown.

Which reminds me: I have an old Genave Transceiver in my hangar used as a "ground station" and has third decimal "5" is actually printed on the faceplate. :D

Edited by Igor_U

3 hours ago, Igor_U said:

Mike,

122.77 is actually 122.75. King saved the money selecting display with one less character hence third decimal (5) not shown.

Which reminds me: I have an old Genave Transceiver in my hangar used as a "ground station" and has third decimal "5" is actually printed on the faceplate. :D

Ahem.  I think you meant to say "122.77 is actually 122.775;)

Likewise, 122.72 is actually 122.725

• Like 2

I thought that was how all King radios are. Only display two decimals, because the third is either "0" following 0 or 5, or "5" following 2 or 7.

122.75 = 122.750

122.72 = 122.725

My C has a KY97 whose display needs help . . . .