Looking for Zeftronics R-15300

For some reason I cannot create a post in the classifieds so I’ll ask here. We managed to smoke our regulator and curious if anyone has a serviceable one laying around for sale. Thanks in advance. 2112e6ce8675f6262b56c48b843bca9b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Robert Hicks said:

Fair point. Their website is showing 513$. Does anyone know if they repair? One of the little things inside that’s soldered fell off.

Aircraft Spruce p# 07-00625, $354.00

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/zeftronicsreg.php?clickkey=35105

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 5:00 PM, Robert Hicks said:

For some reason I cannot create a post in the classifieds so I’ll ask here. We managed to smoke our regulator and curious if anyone has a serviceable one laying around for sale. Thanks in advance. 2112e6ce8675f6262b56c48b843bca9b.jpg

A usual reason for not being able to create a new thread occurs when a member hasn’t donated a basic member fee.

See the donate button at the bottom of the page.

A small amount gets you a ton of Mooney information... :)

Best regards,

-a-

A usual reason for not being able to create a new thread occurs when a member hasn’t donated a basic member fee.
See the donate button at the bottom of the page.
A small amount gets you a ton of Mooney information... 
Best regards,
-a-

Done! Thank you.

• Like 2

So I just noticed planepower has a PMA VR for like $200 available at normal parts suppliers like sprice, chief, etc.  anyone tried that?  It’s adjustable voltage unlike the Zeftronics one.  

I may have one if you haven't found a replacement yet.  I have been traveling.  Will be back home about the 18th if you are still looking.

Yea lemme know what you have and what you’d like for it. Thank you.

• 9 months later...

I continue to be amazed and disappointed by owners putting at risk family and friends with used parts. IFR flyers with used primary instruments and systems ignore what insurance companies deal with on a daily basis, that being risk  Major airlines employ risk management process that certainly does not include used parts of unknown origin and life cycle.   

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rob177 said:

I continue to be amazed and disappointed by owners putting at risk family and friends with used parts. IFR flyers with used primary instruments and systems ignore what insurance companies deal with on a daily basis, that being risk  Major airlines employ risk management process that certainly does not include used parts of unknown origin and life cycle.   

Welcome to the community, Rob.

What is so amazing?

Why are you disappointed?

Why are people at risk?

Which high horse did you just fall off of?

We can help put you back up...  :)

1) MS pilots, GA pilots, private pilots are flying part 91... right?

for some insight...

https://blog.privatefly.com/us/part-91-vs-part-135

2) There is a process and procedure for using used parts...

3) Sure, not everyone types a dozen extra lines to tell you that, each time...

4) My entire plane is one giant used part...

5) Many airlines do things that GA pilots don’t do...

6) Risk management is probably a bit different when carrying passengers for hire.

Maybe, I mis-understood what you meant...

Welcome aboard anyways...

Read some more, learn how all this stuff works... there is plenty to know.

The cool thing to know... you can fly a private plane without having a corporate budget to support it...  :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 3

My entire plane is used parts.  :lol::lol:

I doubt that.  Maybe the airlines are different, but 3/4 of our military fleet is flying on “cannibalized” parts.  When an aircraft goes down with a major issue that might take a while to fix, it becomes a donor bird.  Parts unavailable in the normal logistics pipeline are stripped to make all the other airplanes in that squadron fly.  A used certified part in serviceable condition with documentation (if required) works just as good as the parts of your plane that were once new and now are something less than that.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2020 at 1:56 PM, Rob177 said:

You are quite mistaken.  When I worked for the airlines we installed used parts all of the time.  Why throw away a $40K generator control unit when it came off of a working aircraft?  Perhaps you should become familiar with a subject before you use it as an example.

Mark

• Like 2

On 3/1/2020 at 2:56 PM, Rob177 said:

Every factory rebuilt “zero time” overhaul uses parts (cams and cranks) of unknown history and life cycle. A well functioning used part has demonstrated its performance.  I have had a few accessories replaced under warranty in the last several decades due to infant mortality. Ahoy, me thinks thar be a troll in our ranks...:P

• Like 3

On 5/5/2019 at 5:06 AM, RLCarter said:

What's crazy about that is you can buy a voltage regulator for a 86 Ford Mustang for $15 online, or $45 at the local autoparts store, that looks suspiciously similar to this (but without the 'diagnostic LED' or certification...)

What's crazy about that is you can buy a voltage regulator for a 86 Ford Mustang for $15 online, or $45 at the local autoparts store, that looks suspiciously similar to this (but without the 'diagnostic LED' or certification...)

There also was more 86 Mustangs made in a month, than Mooney has made in its entire history. More volume + made in China = lower prices.

40 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

There also was more 86 Mustangs made in a month, than Mooney has made in its entire history. More volume + made in China = lower prices.

That voltage regulator was used on many models of GM and Ford automobiles, it’s been rebadged and sold for aviation use 

Edited by Culver LFA