Rocket engine mount number please

Erik,

Found this handy brochure...

http://files.lord.com/pdf/44/PB6304_LORDGAMountsBrochure.pdf

Unfortunately, they list three versions of M20K mounts... but they didn’t spec the Rocket...

Would that be the Cessna twin mount or Mooney 252 mount?  Probably worth a call to the Lord people to get the right one...

Best regards,

-a-

21 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Erik,

Found this handy brochure...

http://files.lord.com/pdf/44/PB6304_LORDGAMountsBrochure.pdf

Unfortunately, they list three versions of M20K mounts... but they didn’t spec the Rocket...

Would that be the Cessna twin mount or Mooney 252 mount?  Probably worth a call to the Lord people to get the right one...

Best regards,

-a-

I’m pretty sure the entire engine mount is a custom assembly- it’s not the stock one from either the 252 or the Cessna twin.

• Like 2

The rubber bits will be defined in number and (Some) geometry by the engine block...

The dynamics of the whole thing/vibration will be very much an individual engine/prop/mount (structure) thing...

The best answer will come from Rocket Engineering... (I suppose)

The actual ordering of the proper rubber bits might follow a goofy commercial path like...

1) Call Rocket to get the part numbers...

2) Call Lord To Ask who can I buy this Lord part number from...

3) Lord May have it stocked at various re-sellers like Aircraft Spruce...

The IO550 (for the O) has four rubber mounts... three of one kind, and a fourth of a different design... (fuzzy aged memory)

I have no idea why the different designs...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

5 hours ago, M016576 said:

I’m pretty sure the entire engine mount is a custom assembly- it’s not the stock one from either the 252 or the Cessna twin.

That's right.  The cage that rocket built to hold the engine was a very special custom design to shoe horn that tsio520nb beast into a cowl space originally designed for a tsio360,

E

• Like 1

• 1 year later...