Headliner clips

I removed my headliner to my 64C Mooney. My new one just came in - and I need to get it installed (what a huge mess that’s going to be). Anyway, I found that the metal bow supports that hold the headliner up, attach on the lip above the Windows using a small screw with this little backer - anyone know what kind of backer this is and where I might could find them? 

BCE5390E-BF6A-4FB2-B7EB-764637DD2984.jpeg

74820484-B0B4-466E-9ED4-4872BD5F2A5F.jpeg

3C6A0932-5243-4D9E-87CB-DA505421E180.jpeg

A317F737-BCDD-4A77-89E1-81DB447D063F.jpeg

16 minutes ago, PilotCoyote said:

I have looked for those...to no avail. If anybody has a source and a part #, please post it here!

Hey bud, so I just got a response on Facebook. All they are, are flat tinnerman nuts. Shoot, I’m finding them almost everywhere now LOL thought you might like to knowShoot, I’m finding them almost everywhere now LOL thought you might like to know

Yeah, tinnermans are everywhere....but I have not seen any of the original flat type that are shown in your pics. I used the later style arched ones because I could not find the original style. Either are fine, but the original style don’t chew into the aluminum like the new ones do.

My experience and technique.   Others may have different experiences/methods.

Tips....... installation is reverse of removal.  Begin with rear bows, securing bow ends to aircraft frame as you go.

Stretch fabric on each side and glue edges as you move forward.

Your biggest challenge will be the reverse gluing/securing fabric around baggage and entrance doors with the aluminum edge strips!

Extreme patience and cleanliness are your friends!

I do suggest YouTube videos of folks installing fabric headliners in vintage autos.  This can provide additional tips for you, raising your level of confidence in the project.

Once completed, you’ll be quite proud of your accomplishment!

Best to you :)