64 M20C interior placard?

I need to see where I can get the instrument lights / air vent placards for this console? It’s the one on the ceiling of the cockpit where the lights and air vent are located. Any help?

7139B812-1750-4161-ADFB-411C786F726B.jpeg

Edited by Supercop0184

7 hours ago, Greg Ellis said:

I bought some placards from Aerographics.com when I did my new panel.  They may have what you need and if not they may be able to make them for you.  Not sure.

Good company to work with.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:10 AM, steingar said:

Whats the big deal.  The ones in the photo look perfectly readable.  Besides, they're on the ceiling.  How much time does anyone spend reading stuff on the ceiling?

The required Placards are listed in the service manual and are required for continued air worthiness. Not sure if the vent placards are required or not. I'd think about replacing those stock lights with led's while you have that off. The stock ones get stupid hot.

Edited by Pete M

If you're re-doing your headliner, you might consider getting some paint for plastic and repaint your trim.  When installing mine, and not painting the trim, it stuck our like a sore thumb.  There are some shops in our area that can screen print small stuff like that and looks like factory.  Also, don't screw in the back left screw in too far as it will lock up yuur air vent mechanism.  Don't ask me how I know.  

Don

IMG_4066.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/4/2019 at 5:33 PM, dcrogers11 said:

If you're re-doing your headliner, you might consider getting some paint for plastic and repaint your trim.  When installing mine, and not painting the trim, it stuck our like a sore thumb.  There are some shops in our area that can screen print small stuff like that and looks like factory.  Also, don't screw in the back left screw in too far as it will lock up yuur air vent mechanism.  Don't ask me how I know.  

Don

IMG_4066.jpg

Yessir - I’ve already painted my trim - which of course covered up the old markings for the vent and light. Now I just gotta get me some labels for those 

On 5/4/2019 at 6:34 PM, Tcraft938 said:

Go to a local sign shop that can make decal signs on a special computer/printer.  I just took a picture of mine into them and they made it.  After 2 hours drying it looks painted 

Fantastic - I’ll try that thanks. 

On 5/1/2019 at 8:10 AM, steingar said:

Whats the big deal.  The ones in the photo look perfectly readable.  Besides, they're on the ceiling.  How much time does anyone spend reading stuff on the ceiling?

The big deal is I painted all my trim, which means I painted over the writing. And now I want some labels.