Interior remodel

I think you mean “plane plastics.” You can go on YouTube and see some demonstration videos, and also see a tour of their factory. I think the parts require some additional trimming before installation. It looks like quite a bit of work, actually. Not exactly “plug and play.”

18 hours ago, larrynimmo said:

To make my interior look sharper I am considering replacing all my plastic panels on the plane...I got these prices from a company called “plastic parts” out of Oklahoma...what do you think....

56EEBFC2-CE46-442C-8A3D-94D71317ABE4.png

2D9FB689-2974-44B7-99EE-C39719157BBE.png

Speaking with the voice of recent experience....

If this is from the company @Rwsavory identified, the subtotal shown is not even remotely close to the final cost. I placed 2 orders: shipping on the first order was slightly over 30% of the parts cost. (How much additional freight is charged for each of the "Oversize part requires additional freight"?) The second was one $55.57 part with a shipping cost of $25.29. The second order was a return replacement (with RMA) due to their error in cutting a trim part too short. I could go on much more, but I will just say to be sure you have a written invoice from them with all charges listed before paying. And if possible, use a one-time credit card number as they retain the card information in their system and have no qualms about using it again without your knowledge, from my personal experience.

Caveat emptor.

18 hours ago, larrynimmo said:

To make my interior look sharper I am considering replacing all my plastic panels on the plane...I got these prices from a company called “plastic parts” out of Oklahoma...what do you think....

56EEBFC2-CE46-442C-8A3D-94D71317ABE4.png

2D9FB689-2974-44B7-99EE-C39719157BBE.png

Larry - I am not familiar with these guys but I would be careful buying any plastic parts. Everyone gets this mental image that these parts will be perfect fit replacements. Unless they have the original tooling & forms, they are making copies of an original. This means to you as a buyer, that you will be spending a lot of time trimming and fitting to make these works. I saw a friend spent 3 hours trimming and fitting just the upper half of the cockpit door panel. Some of these copies also don't have the openings already cut (like the gear position indicator on the floor. You will need to make it yourself. If you have the time, patience and skills, go for it. 

I went with Bruce Jaeger's Spatial Interiors. Bruce replaces all of the lower panels with his STC panels and repairs and paints all of the upper plastics. The lower half look factory new. The upper half looks decent but it is not the same as replacing the panels or having them covered. 

I think you are based in Maryland. Maybe we should try to get together and I can show you the Spatial Designs stuff in person.

• Like 2